Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveGTR
Reel Rookie

Different broadcasts same channel on 2 TV’s

I have ROKU on 2 TV’s. If I’m watching in the living room say for example channel 639 Duck Dynasty, and then go in the bedroom and put on the same channel, it’s still duck dynasty on 639 but it’s a different episode. Is there a way to correct this? Both are on the same account. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Different broadcasts same channel on 2 TV’s

@DaveGTR 

Thats a bit strange.  

I think I would first check if the "Time" settings are correct on your RokuTV/Roku device.  Go to Settings/System/Time and make sure the Time Zone and the actual time is correct.

Can also try seeing if an option to update your zip codes in your RokuTV or Roku device helps.

RokuTV and Roku devices - Settings/System/Zip Code

--Note-- Some users have reported that the zip code does not seem to "stick" with the Roku devices. I believe this has recently been added in 11.5 so may not be fully functional yet.  (the zip code has been part of RokuTV, but I do not remember it being available to Roku devices prior to 11.5 OS update).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
DaveGTR
Reel Rookie

@AvsGunnar thanks for responding, however everything you asked me to check was correct so I have no idea. I have an email in to ROKU to see what they have to say. Do you think it matters that one is a ROKU tv and one is a ROKU box? Thanks for your help and time. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@DaveGTR 

It shouldn't.  I watch alot of the Roku Channel LiveTV and either have them playing in different rooms at the same time, or more often, finish/continue watching a program in another room.  I have both Roku devices and a RokuTV and have not seen the behavior you described.

It may be account related.  The account may have one of your devices in another region erroneously.

See if this same behavior occurs on another free channel/app like PlutoTV or Tubi with their LiveTV.  Maybe it is just isolated to the Roku Channel.  If it across all the different LiveTV channels/apps, I think I would just Factory Reset all my devices and get a clean start. 

If you do a little testing and see if confined to one or more of the channels/app, then could also help Roku Support narrow down issue as well.

----

I also just tested with Duck Dynasty ch.639 Roku Channel and synced up fine between my Ultra and the RokuTV. (+/- half a second) but definitely playing same episode.  (currently S2:E1) 10:30pm MT

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos