Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPG1972

DVD/TV audio through the Onn Roku Soundbar.

Jump to solution

Hello, I love my Onn Roku Soundbar, however I have never been able to play audio from my TV/DVD player through the soundbar, only through the speakers on the TV. I do not see any audio-in port on the soundbar to send the audio signal from the TV to the soundbar. 

Is there a solution or is there something I am doing wrong? I have tried to look an answer to no avail. 

Thanks in advance for your response. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: DVD/TV audio through the Onn Roku Soundbar.

Jump to solution

The only Roku-based ONN Soundbar is the Smart Soundbar, and it has both an HDMI ARC port and an Optical port for audio input (you hook up the either the HDMI ARC port from/to the TV, or the Optical port from the TV (or DVD player)).

ARC (Audio Return Channel) sends audio from the TV back to the audio device, while the video travels from the audio device to the TV (requires that both the HDMI port on the TV and on the audio device be ARC enabled/labelled).

ARC is preferred to Optical since it carries more/higher quality audio formats (and requires less cables).

However, if your TV doesnt support ARC, you'll need to use the Optical cable from the TV (or DVD player) if you want audio from the TV/DVD player.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: DVD/TV audio through the Onn Roku Soundbar.

Jump to solution

The only Roku-based ONN Soundbar is the Smart Soundbar, and it has both an HDMI ARC port and an Optical port for audio input (you hook up the either the HDMI ARC port from/to the TV, or the Optical port from the TV (or DVD player)).

ARC (Audio Return Channel) sends audio from the TV back to the audio device, while the video travels from the audio device to the TV (requires that both the HDMI port on the TV and on the audio device be ARC enabled/labelled).

ARC is preferred to Optical since it carries more/higher quality audio formats (and requires less cables).

However, if your TV doesnt support ARC, you'll need to use the Optical cable from the TV (or DVD player) if you want audio from the TV/DVD player.

0 Kudos