cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Cox Cable & Wireless Speakers stopped connecting

Jump to solution

We have a TCL Roku TV that I bought the Roku wireless speakers for since my mom is partially deaf (uses CC but print isn't big enough for her to read clearly in this room) and I'm tired of the TV screaming. Pain in the **bleep** to pair but finally did and they worked great..... UNTIL... we had a one second power outage and now they will NOT work at all if Mom selects her Cox Cable to watch! Works with all the others (Netflix, Paramount+, Hulu, AMC+, etc). I can only get the speakers to work WITH the Cable is if I unplug the TV right before it's turned on. I've tried everything ("Forgetting them", unplugging/replugging, unpair/repair, Factory Reset) except for smashing the **bleep** out of them which has taken all my self control not to do. Even unplugging the TV in the morning, then turning it on 3-4 hours later, the speakers refused to work with Cox Cable (one of our cable companies). I had to unplug the TV AGAIN and then they finally worked. This is ridiculous! What can I do? Others here & on Amazon seem to have connectivity issues of some sort so did we all get a bad batch? Are they only good for a month? At this price, I expected better quality speakers. HELP!!! I have til the end of January 2024 to return them but I need to know too if I should bother trying another set first before stomping on them in the backyard.... I mean "before I return them" and I go back to hearing a screaming TV 😖🙄😫😥😤😡

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Re: Cox Cable & Wireless Speakers stopped connecting

Jump to solution

Hi Eunice,

I've already done all of the steps you suggested. I've unplugged the cables, modem, landline, power chords basically every single thing that was plugged into the TCL Roku TV and everything plugged into the outlets, I've unplugged and then painstakingly plugged everything back in again. This includes unplugging the Wireless Speakers, Forgetting each speaker, Restarting each speaker, Trouble shooting each speaker (whatever was in the menu guide for the wireless speakers, I did & tried & it all failed).

I always check for System Updates for all of the TVs individually because the updates aren't always automatic. So yes, I did that too repeatedly and it didn't help. 

I may not be tech savvy when it comes to cellphones but I am really good at figuring out issues or setting up TVs, Blu-Ray player with 6 speaker surround sound, speakers, DVD players, VCRs, etc.

I did buy a 2nd set just to see what would happen and the exact same thing, no sound when using the wireless speakers & selecting (Cox) Cable from the Home Screen when the TV is first turned on. The speakers work for ALL Apps EXCEPT Cox Cable UNLESS I unplug the TV first. The 2nd set work perfectly in the living room with Cox Cable after turning the TV on and without having to unplug the TV first.

So I think we'll return the wireless speakers in the kitchen and only keep the 2nd set in the living room. I can't afford $300 for 2 sets of speakers when only one set works without having to unplug the TV first every single time.

So tired of spending & wasting my money on Roku products that don't last (like my new Voice Remote Pro only has sound coming out of the headphone jack instead the actual headphones 😖😫😡😖😥👎

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TheBrat,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku wireless speakers, which are not working on your Cox cable. We're happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here.

If you're still experiencing an issue, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

OMG! John, you obviously did not read what I wrote because I already tried every single tip/trick/set-up that was mentioned in the articles you sent me the links to. I figured I wouldn't get any actual ideas that would work anyways and you proved me right. So sad Roku, so sad. Thanks again for not helping me! You're the best.... NOT! 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TheBrat,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand your sentiments regarding this, and we would feel the same way. As you mentioned, you are still having issues with your wireless speakers. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We recommend performing the below steps to see if you can resolve the issue:

1. You may need to remove the affected streaming channel and add it back to your Roku device, or reconfigure or replace the external device which is the Cox cable
  2. Unplug the power cable from both wireless speakers to power them off. You can also go to Settings > Audio > Speakers to temporarily disable your wireless speakers.
  3. Check for a software update. Go to Settings > Systems > Software Update > Check Now.
  4. Restart your Roku host device and wireless speakers. For Roku devices, go to Settings > System > Power (skip this step if not available) > System Restart.

Also, are you using a Roku wireless speaker or not? If you are, please do advanced network configuration (only when paired to a Roku TV system). This suggestion is only if you are comfortable working with your networking equipment.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Eunice,

I've already done all of the steps you suggested. I've unplugged the cables, modem, landline, power chords basically every single thing that was plugged into the TCL Roku TV and everything plugged into the outlets, I've unplugged and then painstakingly plugged everything back in again. This includes unplugging the Wireless Speakers, Forgetting each speaker, Restarting each speaker, Trouble shooting each speaker (whatever was in the menu guide for the wireless speakers, I did & tried & it all failed).

I always check for System Updates for all of the TVs individually because the updates aren't always automatic. So yes, I did that too repeatedly and it didn't help. 

I may not be tech savvy when it comes to cellphones but I am really good at figuring out issues or setting up TVs, Blu-Ray player with 6 speaker surround sound, speakers, DVD players, VCRs, etc.

I did buy a 2nd set just to see what would happen and the exact same thing, no sound when using the wireless speakers & selecting (Cox) Cable from the Home Screen when the TV is first turned on. The speakers work for ALL Apps EXCEPT Cox Cable UNLESS I unplug the TV first. The 2nd set work perfectly in the living room with Cox Cable after turning the TV on and without having to unplug the TV first.

So I think we'll return the wireless speakers in the kitchen and only keep the 2nd set in the living room. I can't afford $300 for 2 sets of speakers when only one set works without having to unplug the TV first every single time.

So tired of spending & wasting my money on Roku products that don't last (like my new Voice Remote Pro only has sound coming out of the headphone jack instead the actual headphones 😖😫😡😖😥👎

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.