Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arapahondn05
Reel Rookie

Connecting to a roku tv and camera from two different wifi/places video calling

Jump to solution

So i have a roku smart camera and a roku tv. Was wondering if there was a way I could use the camera and tv for video calling.  If not can I mirror my phone to tv from a different wifi/ place (connect remotely) .  Main reason is the volume is not very loud on the two way communication from the roku camera and they can not see me.  Was wanting to let them see my face and hear me at home on the  roku tv while I was at work or a different place. #roku tv #roku smart home # roku indoor camera

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Connecting to a roku tv and camera from two different wifi/places video calling

Jump to solution

@Arapahondn05 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you be unable to connect a Roku Smart Home Camera to view on a Roku TV.

In regards to screen mirroring from a phone to a Roku TV, you would need to be on the same wireless network to screen mirror.

For more information about screen mirroring with a Roku TV, visit our Support pages here: 
Screen mirror your Android or Windows device
Screen mirror your Apple device with AirPlay

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Connecting to a roku tv and camera from two different wifi/places video calling

Jump to solution

@Arapahondn05 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you be unable to connect a Roku Smart Home Camera to view on a Roku TV.

In regards to screen mirroring from a phone to a Roku TV, you would need to be on the same wireless network to screen mirror.

For more information about screen mirroring with a Roku TV, visit our Support pages here: 
Screen mirror your Android or Windows device
Screen mirror your Apple device with AirPlay

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos