cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomSt
Reel Rookie

Connecting a Roku Soundbar with satellite speakers

Jump to solution

Is it possible to get mono output if I have a Roku soundbar with satellite speakers? I am thinking to do something like that to help my hard of hearing parents. That way they can get the sound closer to the ears without having the TV at a such a high level for the rest of us

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connecting a Roku Soundbar with satellite speakers

Jump to solution

Hello! @TomSt,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry about connecting your Roku Soundbar with satellite speakers. We are happy to help.

Combining Roku audio with non-Roku audio is unsupported and may not work as intended.

Some Roku streaming devices allow you to pair and then connect Bluetooth earbuds or headphones directly to your device for Headphone Mode. When Bluetooth headphones are connected, you can listen to any content streaming on your Roku device. If you have a Roku Streambar SERoku Streambar, or Roku Streambar Pro, you can also listen to audio from your TV, if connected via an HDMI ARC or optical connection. If your streaming device does not support Bluetooth Headphone Mode, you may be able to use wired headphones with a Roku voice remote for Headphone Mode instead.

For additional information, please see this article: How to use Bluetooth headphones for Headphone Mode on your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @TomSt,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry about connecting your Roku Soundbar with satellite speakers. We are happy to help.

Combining Roku audio with non-Roku audio is unsupported and may not work as intended.

Some Roku streaming devices allow you to pair and then connect Bluetooth earbuds or headphones directly to your device for Headphone Mode. When Bluetooth headphones are connected, you can listen to any content streaming on your Roku device. If you have a Roku Streambar SERoku Streambar, or Roku Streambar Pro, you can also listen to audio from your TV, if connected via an HDMI ARC or optical connection. If your streaming device does not support Bluetooth Headphone Mode, you may be able to use wired headphones with a Roku voice remote for Headphone Mode instead.

For additional information, please see this article: How to use Bluetooth headphones for Headphone Mode on your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TomSt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think you misunderstood my question. If I have a Roku Streambar Pro with a set of Roku Wireless speakers can you configure it to play in mono so that all speakers play the same audio.  

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@TomSt,

Thanks for the follow-up,

Roku offers an assortment of audio devices all designed to add full, rich sound, dramatically improving the audio performance of your entertainment experience. You can fine-tune your music, movies, and TV show listening experience with different sound modes.

You can choose sound modes and change sound settings on your device or in the free Roku mobile app for iOS® and Android.

How to change sound settings on your device

You can adjust sound settings from the Options menu when watching a movie, TV show, music, Bluetooth® audio, or content from an external device (e.g., Blu-ray player, cable set-top box, game console) connected to your Roku TV system.

Use the following steps to change sound settings.

1. Start streaming or playing your content
  2. Press the Star button on your Roku remote
  3. Select Advanced sound settings or Sound settings
  4. Choose your sound mode or change your sound settings

When you're done, press the arrow Back button until the menu is closed.

• Note: You may not be able to change sound settings in some situations while streaming. Use the Roku mobile app to adjust sound settings instead.

How to change sound settings in the Roku mobile app

Use the following instructions to change sound settings in the Roku mobile app.

1. In the Roku mobile app, tap Devices 

2. Select your Roku device
  3. Tap Settings 

4. Select Sound settings
  5. Choose your sound mode or change your sound settings

The sound mode and sound setting changes are immediately applied.

For more information, please visit: How to Adjust Sound settings on your Roku Audio device

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
TomSt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Does not seem to answer my question. The question is can it play in mono. Everything else you've pointed me mentions adjusting to play in 2.0, 2.1 or surround modes.  Nothing about in a mono mode at each speaker.  That is what I am looking for specifically. I guess that I may have to find another solution than Roku. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.