Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kfournier66
Reel Rookie

Canceled Spectrum now what?

1. Have. a Roku TX

2. lost remote and have been using app remote on iPhone for months.

3. Cancelled Spectrum

4. wifi still works and is fine

5. removed cable box

6. App remote isn’t working now and we can’t turn on tv

7. says it can’t find device

8. help! This has been my fear in cancelling cable.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Canceled Spectrum now what?

All TVs have a power button.  Manufacturers are getting better and better at hiding it.  If it's not on the back, it's usually on the bottom near the manufacturer's logo or IR sensor for the remote.

Cancelling Spectrum shouldn't have anything to do with your TV connecting to your Wi-Fi.  If your TV is near your router and if it has an Ethernet jack on the back you may be able to connect the two with an Ethernet cable and then maybe the app will find it and you can figure out what happened with Wi-Fi.  Did Spectrum change any of your network equipment when you cancelled?

One thing to try - disconnect the power to the TV for a few seconds and then reconnect it to get it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kfournier66
Reel Rookie

Re: Canceled Spectrum now what?

I unplugged our router and replugged it back in - all fixed! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.