Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another HDR issue - 55R635 and PS5

I was lucky enough to acquire a PS5 recently and I’ve been messing around with it on my television.  All of my streaming apps on the TV itself look fantastic, they display at 4k60 with HDR.  When I go to the PS5 to play, the same apps run through the PS5 (Hulu, Disney+, etc), they are much darker and appear to be not at 4k.  Games are darker too unless I disable HDR, then everything is bright and lovely looking when I use SDR.  I’ve tried all sorts of configurations and I can’t seem to make the HDR look proper, either for the games or the streaming apps.  Obviously I can just use the TV itself as far as watching Hulu and stuff goes, but the game thing is fairly annoying.  What do I do to fix this?  Can I fix this at all?  I’ve tried game mode, non game mode, various brightness and backlight settings, I’ve calibrated the HDR like everyone says to on the PS5, I can’t use the expert picture settings with game mode, and I can’t play games without horrible input lag without game mode, so that’s a no-go.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
T26

Re: Yet another HDR issue - 55R635 and PS5

Same issue any word on a fix for this problem?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@T26

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Has there been any fix for this? Same issue, everything was working fine when I got my tv and ps5 but now everytime I turn it on it eventually starts black screening. I can still hear the sound and free a few seconds the picture comes back but it continues to do it back and forth constantly. I’ve scoured the internet and tried EVERYTHING like turning off auto and changing the setting to -1 and -2, turning off hdr, and bought multiple hdmi cables. Nothing is seeming to fix it and it’s making me not able to play anything. So frustarating!