Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacks33

Can't connect to CNN and ROKU support is telling me to contact CNN - what a joke!

Jump to solution

Can't connect to CNN and ROKU support is telling me to contact CNN - what a joke!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't connect to CNN and ROKU support is telling me to contact CNN - what a joke!

Jump to solution

Hi, @jacks33 

Thanks for sharing these details with us, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're unable to connect to the CNN app on Roku, and we'd be glad to assist. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can perform to resolve the issue at hand. Kindly do them in-order to accurately get the best results.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Hope you find these informaiton useful and resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please let us know and we'll move along to the next step.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't connect to CNN and ROKU support is telling me to contact CNN - what a joke!

Jump to solution

Hi, @jacks33 

Thanks for sharing these details with us, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're unable to connect to the CNN app on Roku, and we'd be glad to assist. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can perform to resolve the issue at hand. Kindly do them in-order to accurately get the best results.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Hope you find these informaiton useful and resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please let us know and we'll move along to the next step.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos