Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wschm04

Can't Connect my TV to my dorm's wifi

So my dorm has a special wifi called "Game-net" which is for consoles, streaming devices, and pretty much anything that isn't a smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Therefore, it's the only wifi that my TV is able to connect to. However, there is a major issue in this process. After going to the network settings on my TV and connecting to it using the "hotel or dorm" option, it asks me to authenticate the connection. To do this, I have to connect to this temporary Roku network on my laptop that redirects me to a page in a browser. The problem is, every time I try to do this, it brings me to the "Game-net" interface with an "Access Denied" error page. I can't authenticate the connection because I have to be connected to my university's public wifi to get into the "Game-net" portal and authenticate it. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.