Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TTalsma
Reel Rookie

Can connect to Prime Video, but not to live tv

I can get into the main menu screen, And select Prime Video. But when I select live TV in the app section, And Any of the free news stations I will get the whirlybird spinning around and around and around and it’ll go into never Neverland. How do I get this to work?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
lochwoode

Re: Can connect to Prime Video, but not to live tv

Greetings: I also have recently had the issue that I can get into the main menu, but when I chose anything to view, all I get is the whirlybird spinning and then the screen goes black.  I've checked my connection, and I have internet and phone (land line) but no TV. Any advice as how to fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TTalsma@lochwoode

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the trouble you've encountered while streaming the Live channel within Amazon Prime Video, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We want to investigate this further, but we need more details.

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried removing the channel you observed this issue on from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel and try playing content again.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TTalsma
Reel Rookie

Jecheal,

- We are using the Roku Express

- there has been a change in internet provider, but the Roku was not functioning originally. As well, the other apps on the tv are functioning. (Utube, Prime, etc). Tried on another tv (Roku TV), and same issue. 

- no error message, we get the whirlybird on the TV then the screen goes black and the whirlybird stays going around and around and around.

- it would appear it is not the tv, as we can replicate the issue on a second tv, I would say that it is not an issue with the Roku express, as we can use other applications. The internet connection is good, (high speed internet) and the upload/download connections were tested as good. Connecting to prime video, can watch movie with no glitches or slowdowns. 

The application was on the Roku Home Screen (Roku channel, live tv), selecting any tv show .

Could you please check on your end to see if the account is active and functioning properly? 

could you please provide the proper procedure to remove the Roku channel and then reinstall, we did not power down. Almost did a factory reset on Roku express, but as we can replicate on a second tv, did not try.

your guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,

TTalsma

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @TTalsma

We appreciate the additional details. To confirm, what region are you currently located in? Also, are you using a VPN?

In this case, we recommend restarting your Roku device from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

For your request, here is the proper procedure for removing and reinstalling the channel within your Roku device. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Home>Settings>System>Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step, "System restart.
  3. Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
TTalsma
Reel Rookie

Jecheal,

-We are located in Central Alberta, Canada, Edmonton is the closest city. 

- We are NOT using VPN.

we are not able to restart the devices at this time, we will try again later this week, and get back to you.

Regards,

TTalsma

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.