Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DadCooper
Reel Rookie

CEC mute unpredictable recently. Can't unmute

I'm running a 3820X software version 13.0.0.24056

We have it hooked up to an HDMI port on a TCL 4k TV, and the TV is connected to a Yamaha receiver over HDMI as well.

We have had this configuration for several months and have been using the Roku remote to control the TV, the Receiver and the Roku.  Recently I thought that one of our remotes had died because my wife was telling me that things were no longer working correctly.  I bought a replacement, but now believe that was not the right step.

One behavior that is NEW to us is that the CEC commands are VERY delayed and unpredictable.  Specifically mute and volume control.  We also have had issues with power on and shutdown being VERY delayed or not working.

Mute takes effect immediately but unmute takes 10-20 seconds or doesn't work at all.  I can't figure out a sequence of steps to predictably get audio working again.  I can't help but wonder if this is related to a recent software update.  It is very disappointing that essential functions that once worked predictably are not working now.  We have multiple remotes and see the same behaviors with each of them.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.