Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoLiKMC
Channel Surfer

Blurry Roku TV Wallpaper Cannot Be Changed

What is the meaning of this?

20240609_044817.jpg

Look, I understand that, as a company, you need to make money in order to succeed, much less stay afloat.  I'm not happy that I'm getting advertisements for Tubi and other things in the bottom-left corner now (not shown), and I've never been thrilled about the advertisements over on the right edge of the screen (also not shown).  However, I fail to see how erasing my Roku-provided wallpaper and turning it into a completely indecipherable mess of blurs could possibly be beneficial in an way, shape, or form.  I mean, if the idea was to get me to come back here to the forum and complain about it, then sure.  Job done, I guess.  But how is this making you money?

I've tried resetting my theme and wallpaper to their defaults.  It didn't work.  I also tried changing the wallpaper, re-enabling Seasonal and Sponsored Wallpaper, and turning off and on Wallpaper Animations.  Nothing at all changed a thing.  So, what's the deal?  Bad firmware update?  Corporate joke?  What is the meaning behind this blurry image, and what's supposed to be there?
Seriously, I wouldn't even be so upset and confused if there were an actual image there.

Thank you,
J

Hardware Information
Product:
Hisense Roku TV 43" (43R6+)
Software version: 13.0.0 build 24062-94

Related System Settings
Wallpaper: Nebula
Screen Saver: Logo Rain
Sound Pack: Default

Seasonal Wallpapers: Disabled
Sponsored Wallpapers: Disabled
Wallpaper Animations: Disabled

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Blurry Roku TV Wallpaper Cannot Be Changed

Hi, @JoLiKMC.

Greetings from the Roku Community.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would be more than happy to coordinate this with our appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once I've been notified of any updates from the team, I will let you know immediately. 

Once again, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
JoLiKMC
Channel Surfer

The situation has actually gotten worse since my initial post.

20240613_081302.jpg

As of June 13th, 2024, whatever it supposed to be playing over the wallpaper is completely gone.  And I specify "whatever is supposed to be over the wallpaper" because…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18rRSPvlFg4

… you can see the wallpaper flick into view between transitions, in this video, which tells me me that whatever it's doing is an overlay, not a replacement.

I speculate that it should be displaying something; such as some kind of promotional image or video.  Except that it shouldn't be because I have both Season and Promotional Wallpaper completely disabled, as stated.  Regardless, it's showing completely nothing as an overlay on top of the wallpaper.  You can also see a split second of the last channel I had playing on Live TV, "Supermarket Sweep", pop onto the overlay layer before it goes into the Preview Pane.

All I have to say at this point is… "Huh?"

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the additional information, @JoLiKMC.

The photo and video you have provided are highly appreciated as this will help the investigation. Rest assured that we are aware of your concern and are currently in the process of finding you the best resolution possible.

I will inform you once I've received updates regarding this case.

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.