Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen of death on my soundbar Roku device

I've never experienced this before but my sound bar Roku device put itself on "safe" And then wanted me to restart the Roku redo the network information and I tried it like 10 times and it would just lead me back to the blue screen of death wanting my network information again. It would take my network information and then say hold on for update and then when the update was done it would bring me right back to the please input your internet network and password so I'm stuck in a circuit nightmare. I don't know how to get a hold of Roku. I hope this is something they can fix maybe? I've always had a Roku device for since they've been available. I have two in the house right now but the other one does not have the speaker. Anyway

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Blue screen of death on my soundbar Roku device

Hello! @jnovochase25,

Thanks for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your reaching out to us regarding your Roku Streambar. We respect the troubleshooting steps you took to fix the issue, and we're glad to assist you.

• When did it start?
  • How are you powering your Roku Streambar?
  • Please provide us with a picture of the blue screen or error message on your TV.

For further troubleshooting, please follow the steps below

Restart your Roku Streambar 

1. Please tap the Home button of your Roku Remote
  2. Go to Settings> System> System restart> Okay to restart.

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to regular operation after a moment.

Restart your Router

1. Unplug your router and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug in the router and check if the issue persists.

Reset the network connection

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Advanced System settings
  4. Select Network connection reset
  5. Select Reset connection

After the network reset, your Roku device will restart, and you will need to return to the Settings menu to set up your wireless network again.

If the issue persists, connect your Roku Streambar to another network or connect it to your mobile hotspot.

Please keep us informed about any updates; we will gladly assist you further. We are looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.