Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zachz2011

Black screen but flickers once on start up

My tv went black last night.  
It flickers when it start up and during factory reset. I have tried all the troubleshooting: (unplugged for a minute, held the button for 30sec, replaced remote batteries, tried remote code, tried a different outlet.) and still just at the same black screen. 
I shined the light on it in a dark room to see the logo but nothing. It does make noise at the blacked out Home Screen so I don’t know what else to do. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Black screen but flickers once on start up

Same here. Roku doesn't seem to care.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi there, @avoidhisense

Thanks for the response!

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black but can still hear the audio, have you tried unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes and then plugging the Roku TV back in.

Let us know if there's a difference after

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Rabon5

Same issue, no difference after unplugging for 10 min or pressing reset button for 30 sec. Only a quick flash when powered back on. Had audio after it went black but nothing now that it’s been unplugged/factory reset. The factory reset screen doesn’t show up to complete setup.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Rabon5,

Thanks for the post.

These are the most common reasons you may not see the picture on your TV:

• You have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV
    You must select the input (sometimes referred to as source) that matches the one to which you have the Roku player connected.
  • There is a problem with the TV
    If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV.
    If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  • If all else fails…
    Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

For more information, you can refer to this Support link: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
batoff

I have the same issue. My screen went dark, and flickers once on start up, that’s frustrating.  I reach out to support and there’s no one to help. The Roku website support page continuously says “loading”, that’s frustrating. Went to Youtube - tried the usual suggestions, no luck. Came here to try to get help from fellow Roku users.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @batoff

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos