Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smorg69

TCL Alto 6+ Sound bar not working; wireless subwoofer connected.

Roku TV/TCL 55s245 tv along with a TCL Alto 6+ soundbar abd wireless subwoofer is connected through HDMI ARC and is being detected but only the subwoofer is emitting sound. Several settings have been changed (CEC enabled; pass through enabled; ARC selected as audio output). Have tried repairing the bar to the sub and it appears to be paired fine considering the sub is playing sound. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Alto 6+ Sound bar not working; wireless subwoofer connected.

@Smorg69

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL to see what insight they can provide regarding the soundbar not playing back sound from the Roku TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BillinMD

Same here Smorg69. I contacted TCL support, but there is no resolution yet. They are investigating...Even had me update the firmware with no effect. Not sure but mine was starting to have audio lag issues. If I hear anything, i'll post back here. Also, let me know if you hear anything too. Thanks,

0 Kudos
FredMadden

Last week I bought an Alto 6+ and had low volume problems (the tv speakers, 55r617, were louder and sounded better.)  After 2 hours with support, they had me do a firmware update... then same problem as you, no sound through the bar, but the sub works. Ended up getting another new setup from Amazon. 

Exact same issues. But this time I  made sure nothing was plugged into the bar and it was freshly unplugged from power before doing the firmware. The update went fine, and I purposely kept the tv out of the equation and used Bluetooth via my phone. And yet again, no sound from the bar, but the sub sounds good. (Also jumped through all of support's troubleshooting again with no luck.)

So, obviously, the firmware is screwed up (amongst other issues). I tried to explain this to tcl support with no luck. So I'm just going to return the sounbars and get my money back. 

If anyone has a fix for this, please post it. 

0 Kudos

So this is a few months old, and my first post here, but I am having trouble getting any info on the alto 6 issues I'm having and this seems closest to my issue. 

Here's what I've got:

No sound from TV via HDMI ARC. Bluetooth to my phone DOES work, though. I have done every troubleshooting method I could find or think of to no avail. Randomly started fussing with the Digital output format menu. When set to auto or custom, no sound. Passthrough and stereo DO have sound.

In not sure what is happening (firmware update? ) or if the sound quality is as good (seems less crisp?) but I finally have sound again. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.