Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner Needs Help Setting Up Roku

Jump to solution

Hello, I want to switch from my cable provider (Spectrum) and use Roku . The only thing I do is watch free movie channels. The reason for the change is that I can no longer afford the bills averaging $220+ a month and my income has been significantly reduced due to a disability.

Is it possible to get the Roku if  I drop the Spectrum? If so, how can I do so and what Roku device do I need? (BTW - I'm old and have trouble with technology issues but will be able to figure it out with some help.)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Beginner Needs Help Setting Up Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @frankstuart73,

Thanks for the inquiry, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be delighted to assist you even more. Yes, a Roku is a popular choice when you "cut the cord" and drop cable service. It allows you to access streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video through your TV using an internet connection instead of a cable subscription; essentially, you can get a Roku to replace your cable box when you stop using cable TV.

All Roku streaming players will work for any television with an HDMI connection, so any Roku player can be connected to a 4K or HDR-compatible television. However, to stream movies and TV shows in 4K or HDR you will need a compatible Roku streaming player and television that supports 4K or HDR.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Beginner Needs Help Setting Up Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @frankstuart73,

Thanks for the inquiry, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be delighted to assist you even more. Yes, a Roku is a popular choice when you "cut the cord" and drop cable service. It allows you to access streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video through your TV using an internet connection instead of a cable subscription; essentially, you can get a Roku to replace your cable box when you stop using cable TV.

All Roku streaming players will work for any television with an HDMI connection, so any Roku player can be connected to a 4K or HDR-compatible television. However, to stream movies and TV shows in 4K or HDR you will need a compatible Roku streaming player and television that supports 4K or HDR.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos