Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TominMV

Apple TV sound drops out using Roku wireless Speakers

I’m having a problem with the audio played back through my Roku wireless speakers. This only happens  when using my Apple TV. I’ve checked the connections and bought new hdmi cables but that doesn’t change the problem. 
The problem does not exist when playing the same content through the Roku interface 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV sound drops out using Roku wireless Speakers

@TominMV

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you connecting your Roku Wireless speakers to your Roku TV or to a Roku Soundbar? Does it happen across all content on the Apple TV channel or on specific titles?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
TiggerEsq

I am having the same problem. The only way to get sound from the Apple TV is to disable the Roku Sound Bar. And by disable I mean unplug it from the power source.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TiggerEsq

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

My problem is similar but the first time it happened it was legit someone else's voice faking pretending talking over the movie it was someone pretending to do the part or something else it was super **bleep**ing creepy and it still keeps happening and it almost sounds like there's an extra file folder in the movie and the Roku stream bar is trying to flip over to that folder at that moment because of some kind of glitch built in to the sound folder

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SavageDream

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Can you provide a specific title and the channel that you are streaming the content from?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos