Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
william75

Anyone know why I can't cast to my tv?

I've always been able to cast from YouTube on my phone to my tv, but for some reason when I'm on other websites and I see the little cast icon I click it but my tv doesn't show up on the list. The other tv in my house is on the list but not my roku tv, what gives?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Anyone know why I can't cast to my tv?

Hi @william75,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your casting problem on your Roku device. We'd like to know more about it so we can assist you further. Please provide us with more details.

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • What Roku software version is it running?
  • What is your mobile phone and its software version?
  • When did this issue occur?

Please be advised that to use casting, the supported app must be installed on both your mobile device and your Roku streaming device. You must also make sure to connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. For more details, you can check out this support article on how to cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from your phone to a TV. You can also try to restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) and see if it will fix the issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.