Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yunnun

Anybody else have a Roku TV that hates Netflix?

Got my TV late 2018. It has always hated Netflix, i.e. it crashes and/or goes slow but works fine with literally every other streaming service. No issues or complaints otherwise. Anybody else having this scenario happen? My TV had the latest update BTW, already checked that.

Thank you

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Mandy1

Re: Anybody else have a Roku TV that hates Netflix?

I have the same problem with Netflix on my Roku tv. I’m seriously thinking of cancelling my Netflix subscription due to this problem. All the other apps work fine it’s just Netflix that does this.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @yunnun @Mandy1,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that the issue has caused on Netflix. In some cases, removing a channel and reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Home > Settings > System > Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  • Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Visit our support page for further references: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Apalangi

I have to re-start my TV every time I want to watch something on Netflix.  It's crazy.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Apalangi,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having trouble with your Netflix channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still continues, please send us a video or photo of your running problem.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos