Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MD500_Pilot
Channel Surfer

Alexa and Soundbar Pro do not work together (always get ‘Roku isn’t responding’ error)

I purchased a brand new soundbar pro with the two back speakers., Works great, connected to my Roku account fine, but when I go to add it to my Alexa, I constantly get the error that “roku isn’t responding’. I have verified that my echo and my roku are on the same wireless network (both 5G in this case) and have disabled the Roku skill, re-enacted it, re-added the Roku (takes me to the Roku login screen and asks me to select the correct Roku), etc. But it never works once the setup is complete. 

When I disable the roku device and try it I get the message that the device has been disabled and to rentable it, so that seems to work just fine. 

I am running 10.0.0 on my Soundbar pro and also have the latest Amazon Alexa. I have tried setups on both my iPhone and iPad Pro with the Alexa App along with just the Alexa web interface. All three have the same issue. I have also tried setting both the DOT and the Roku to my 2.4GHz network, that did not help either.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue….

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Alexa and Soundbar Pro do not work together (always get ‘Roku isn’t responding’ error)

@MD500_Pilot

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the information provided by our Support page here: How do I use Amazon Alexa to control my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos