Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kev33
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku channel guide doesn't load.

Jump to solution

Live TV is Antenna TV, Roku just renamed it in their 11.0 update. You can change the antenna input name and icon to whatever you want, don't have to keep the default name and icon Roku gives it. To do it, go to the settings menu. Scroll down to TV Inputs, you'll get a list of all the active inputs on your TV. Go to the TV icon. you'll see options to manage channels, scan for antenna channels, rename the input, or remove the input. Select rename, give it whatever name you want and select the icon to use. Totally computer-ish!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
I tried this...changing logo to antenna tv, checking zip code, unplugging tv for 1 min and manually checking for update. Still "No Information" on channel guide since Monday at recent update in the past week. Very frustrating. Roku messed up with their update seemingly trying to promote streaming over antenna tv. Very unhappy dudes.
slp47
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It doesn't make the channel guide work.  That is the issue. I re-named the Live TV icon to Antenna and rescanned for channels and nothing.  None of the suggestions given on here have fixed the problem. 

0 Kudos
Kev33
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Maybe I am just lucky. Some channels never show any information in the channel guide, most do and sometimes no information but information comes back in a day or 2 with me doing nothing. Also some of the channels I get are low-power and some days - particularly when the weather is windy or bad - I lose those channels and of course no information for them shows in the channel guide. Most eventually come back, and some stations don't put any program info on their signal so those will never show any information. If your antenna reception is OK or better on every channel (2 bars or more on the signal meter) your guide will show information for those channels if the stations include program information in their signal - weak channels won't. This is not all Roku, it's 1st the channels and if they include program info then it's if you get over-the-air reception of those channels. Your wi-fi connection on your Roku TV has to be good too, that's what supplies the information to their channel guide. A lot of moving parts here, any one of them could produce a 'no information' display on your channel guide. I use an amplified antenna that gets me 91 over-the-air TV stations in my area, many of the low-power independent stations don't consistently have program information on their channels.

0 Kudos
slp47
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I tried all of these as well and still no information.  Agree that they messed up with this one.  Guess they don't care about us antenna users.  

0 Kudos
slp47
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

All of my channels had information until they did the update.  Now, not a single one does.  I am really close to the local stations.  Those at least should have something. Also have a very good wi-fi signal.  

0 Kudos
DogMama

Re: "No Program Info" on antenna channels with Roku TV

Jump to solution

Yes, ever since the update in May, 2022, Antenna channels Program shows "No Program Information".  Antenna picking up the channels as always. When in channel it will show what the show is, but I know that cause I am watching the show! I have tried everything. Scanning channels for Antenna again and again and again,. Reset, turned off after each to see if that will work.  all the years I have had this Roku TV it has been perfect.  What's up?

0 Kudos
Dan20
Reel Rookie

Re: "No Program Info" on antenna channels with Roku TV

Jump to solution

I get some of that too since update to 11. More annoyingly several channels have a bug where the main channel and possibly 1 or 2 other sub channels will display/repeat info from one of the sub channels. For example:

10.1 old sitcom (when local news should be showing)

10.2 old sitcom (correct data)

10.3 discovery channel type show (correct data)

10.4 old sitcom (when food show should be showing)

….like the data for 10.2 is populating for .1 and .4 in this example. It’s a guide programming problem and not tuner related like the rest of this thread, but something with ver 11 def seems to be the cause. Resets don’t help and other sets not on 11 don’t have this prob in my house.

SittonLand

Re: No data available [No information] for local channels in Roku Live TV guide

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. I have: deleted the input and rescanned, rebooted tv, changed zip code…. You name it, I’ve tried it. Both my TCL Roku tv’s are no longer displaying channel information. It just says “no data available”

0 Kudos
Baket
Channel Surfer

Re: No data available [No information] for local channels in Roku Live TV guide

Jump to solution

Yes sir, Roku support needs to get involved for its customers. This was an update that definitely had a glitch. Changing the icon does absolutely nothing other than change the icon. Putting in different ZIP Codes, etc. are a dead end. Hopefully Roku will fix this soon. Complete pain in the **bleep** for Roku’s customers. Roku do you hear us?