Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eddie11013

After I select my provider, Spectrum, it stalls and I have to check connection

I have two Roku TV's, One connects without issue.  The other, "almost" every time I turn it on, I have to go the check connection route.  After which it works fine.  I also have two Echo dots, my desktop PC and a printer connected to my Linksys EA7500 v3 router.  Don't have any issues with any of those other devices.

I have unplugged and plugged in the router and the Roku TV several times,  The issue remains.  While both TV's are in different rooms, they are both, at most 100 feet from the router.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: After I select my provider, Spectrum, it stalls and I have to check connection

Hi @eddie11013

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you're experiencing connectivity issues with one of your Roku TVs specifically, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

• Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku TV is properly connected to your home Wi-Fi network and that your internet connection is stable. A poor internet connection can cause streaming issues.
  • Restart your Roku TV: Sometimes, simply restarting your Roku TV can fix the problem. To do this, go to "Settings" > "System" > "System restart" and select "Restart". Wait for your Roku TV to fully restart before trying to use it again.
  • Update the software on your Roku TV: Ensure that your Roku TV is running the latest version of its operating system. Go to "Settings" > "System" > "System update" > "Check now" to see if an update is available.
  • Check your Wi-Fi signal strength: Even though both of your Roku TVs are within 100 feet of the router, signal strength can be affected by walls, floors, and other obstacles. Try moving the Roku TV closer to the router temporarily to see if the connection improves.
  • Adjust your router settings: If the signal strength seems to be the issue, you may want to adjust your router settings. Try changing the wireless channel your router is using, as other devices in your area may be interfering with the signal. You can also try upgrading your router's firmware or replacing it with a newer model.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos