Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcc1
Channel Surfer

Advertising and Roku website problems

First, I'm constantly getting Medicare,  Medicare life insurance, Burial insurance, aarp,  All things senior associated with in commercials. That's it. ALL old people stuff    I can handle commercials but holy moly give me something I can use unless you know something I don't

Second,  there are several issues with the website that don't work and when I tried to email them about it, that didn't work either. 

Labels (3)
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Advertising and other problems

@jcc1

Thanks for the post.

What specific issues are you experiencing with the Roku website?

With more information we will be able to look into the issues further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EM3
Reel Rookie

Same gripe over the ads - too often repeated about burial/end of life insurance and mental health drug symptoms... I'm not ready to die, my insurance is in order, and I don't take drugs for mental health nor do I have tardive dis...whatever  as a result of mental health drugs.  These play repeatedly and really turn me off.

jcc1
Channel Surfer

Thank you !   Exactly.

0 Kudos
EM3
Reel Rookie

Re: Advertising and Irrelevant Targeted Advertisements

It's obvious that you have me confused with someone else - I am not ancient, poor, nor mentally ill.  However, even if the ads were relevant, they would elicit negative reactions.  My latest gripe is the AARP ads.  I believe this is the American Association of Retired People.  I'm being bombarded by an ad that makes no sense to me conceptually.  I understand the need for a revenue stream, but try for better ads, better methods of analysis for targeting purposes, and far less repetitive and vociferous presentations.  I'm tired of having to hit the mute button and avert my eyes in order to maintain my sense of self worth. 

jcc1
Channel Surfer

Re: Advertising and Irrelevant Targeted Advertisements

I full on agree as I have the same issues  with their advertising.

0 Kudos
ladyh
Binge Watcher

Re: Advertising and Roku website

People, you don't understand.  It's about money and tax write offs for the advertisers as well as their benefit if someone gets what is advertised and for Roku getting money to air the commercials.  Cost of doing business...tax write off.  I have prime video only for $7 a month to watch movies with NO commercials...it is worth it. I like pluto every once in a while for CSI and things not OTA.

0 Kudos
jcc1
Channel Surfer

Re: Advertising and Roku website

I believe we all know how the world works.  i too have Prime, hulu, hbomax, paramount plus,  netflix and starz ,   i am not a fan pf pluto.  Tubi is owned by fox and not allowed in my home,  so Roku  offers a few things different.

And since I wrote to Roku  the adult diaper and AARP  commercials have gone away. So thanks Roku!

0 Kudos
johnharry1122
Reel Rookie

Re: Advertising and Roku website problems

I have a similar complaint about the advertisements, which seem to be frequently aired, focusing on burial or end-of-life insurance and the symptoms of mental health medications. Personally, I am not currently facing the prospect of death, as my insurance is well-managed, and I do not rely on mental health, BMI drugs nor experience any adverse effects like tardive dyskinesia. These particular ads are constantly repeated, and they have a negative impact on my interest or enthusiasm.

0 Kudos
jcc1
Channel Surfer

Re: Advertising and Roku website problems

Mine got better for a while after complaining

but now it back to trying to bury me  or get me on social security

0 Kudos