Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SentientOne
Reel Rookie

Re: Adding OTA local stations manually on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I see RokuDanny has gone off the grid with no answer. Maybe he doesn't understand the question. Or perhaps the real answer is "NO, Roku TV does not have the capability to manually add channels because we didn't really think this through before selling our TV...  and Oh, ya... the remote IS poorly designed with the volume/mute buttons on the side where you keep inadvertently hitting them when just holding the remote. Sorry."

Jump to solution

Almost all TV's let you initially scan for channels, and then SCAN FOR ADDITIONAL CHANNELS so that you don't have to rescan for channels when you turn your antenna to a different direction. The fact that ROKU hasn't identified this as an important firmware update is beyond moronic and the reason I wont buy a TV with roku built in. Many people have an antenna attached to a rotor allowing them to pick up channels from different municipalities.

On our sony tv we direct the antenna north and get channels from one city, then we direct the antenna west to another city, scan for additional channels to bank them in the tuner and so on. This way we don't have to re-scan for channels every time we change the direction of the antenna. Roku doesn't need a number pad, but they do need people who are capable of writing code to implement the above described feature in a long overdue firmware update.

Tvgirl77

Jump to solution

This need to be fixed. I will not buy another roku TV if they can't fix it. I place my antenna and scan for channels. I know for certain we get channel 8 AND all it's sub channels. The real annoying bit is I can't watch the sub channels on my roku tv. So 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4 are missing. I really love the old shows on 8.2 but can't watch them because the TV won't add them, and I can't enter them manually. Someone dropped the ball big time with this one.

Seesara

Jump to solution

When I disconnect my WiFi to the Roku TV, I get the missing antenna channels back. Reconnect to WiFi and they disappear. I can go to two other TVs that use fire TV and same antenna, they work just fine. It’s something on the Roku. Let me know if you all have tried to watch on the Roku TV without internet and had better luck. Thanks in advance. 

pS I agree they need to address this on the next update 

jurassical
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Agreed.  Deleting channels already discovered on re-scan is ridiculous. Why erase data that's already discovered?

A firmware update is desperately needed.  

Jayaro
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, please add the option to keep current channels on rescan or add new channels only option. Would solve a lot of issues.