Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredro
Reel Rookie

50” Roku TV brand new question

Roku devices will power on with last YOUTUBETV channel watched, but not a 50” Roku TV?
I put the inches to indicate that it was a Roku TV set and not the tiny little box/device.

if this is impossible, i should return the tv because this is something “all” tvs will do.

i hope like h3ll i’m wrong,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 50” Roku TV brand new question

If you leave a Roku player streaming and turn off the TV, the player will continue to stream with the TV off (the power button on a Roku remote is strictly for the TV).  If you turn a Roku TV off it will stop streaming.  It's not clear if that's what you're referring to.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
fredro
Reel Rookie

Re: 50” Roku TV brand new questi

I am specifically talking about a 50” Roku Tv set, not the little stand alone streaming device that stays on.

fyi, my appletv little streaming device does not stay on, but turning on it (which turns on the “external” tv as well) comes right back on the channel I was last viewing whatever the app, for example the youtubetv app.

it seems pretty lame to purchase and connect an “always on” or an appletv to plug into a Roku Tv (50”) with built in Roku streaming. indeed, my neighbor, who i an helping, already had a Roku streaming device. He needed a new TV so i suggested the 50” Roku.

and it performs worse than the $30 Roku streaming device. 

worse = the issue in my op. powering on to the app and channel last watched., eg, the youtubetv app tuned to the last viewed channel/network, eg, CNN… or other — last watched.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@fredro, I know what you're specifically talking about.  I'm trying to explain that TVs act differently than the little boxes.  You can't get the players to start on a specific app either, but if you leave them in an app and turn off the TV the app continues to run.  If you turn off a TV, the app does not.  There's nothing that can be done about that and there's no way to get any kind of Roku device to start up in a particular app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
fredro
Reel Rookie

yeah. no.

in the last month i have set up 3 roku devices and 1 roku tv, all in the same neighbor’s house where i just went to check yet again.

the roku devices will, the roku tv will not.

will = power on to the last channel watched, whether it is a youtubetv channel or from some other app.

other streaming devices — like an appletv — and generally all tv sets will.

i will be returning the roku tv. what a bummer.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.