Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Transvan
Reel Rookie

Onn Roku TV restarts randomly

Issue began first thing this morning Not 100% it was the update but Last update: 5/28/24 10:56am and no other messages.  Turns off weather watching or just on home menu. Went through the soft reset then to the factory reset.  Check power source, manual reset on side of tv.  Started when I turned first powered on device and prompted to register like when I bought the unit then froze until after resetting about five times.

0 Kudos
Transvan
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn Roku TV restarts randomly

Report tracker

issue ID 47-237-769

GC version 11.7.22

software version: 13.0.0 * build 24062-at

Still resets randomly and turns on/off if not unplugged.  Anyone with suggestions. No other messages showing, only know how to retrieve report tracker.  Thanks Rodney 

0 Kudos

Re: Onn Roku TV restarts randomly

Free subscription 

0 Kudos

Roku Tv Blank Screen on Boot

Scenario:

Roku Tv boots to a blank screen. Home or Back buttons do not bring up any menus. Only buttons that boot applications is Apple TV and Roku Channel.

Troubleshooting performed:

Ran recovery mode 3 times using the physical push button at the rear of the unit.

Issue ID/Serial number/Software version and build:

GH-239-104/X00700J7VPGH/13.0.0 build 24062-CP

Channel software version, if applicable: N/A

Anything else we should know?: N/A

0 Kudos
Mcndan

Re: 50” Hisense Roku TV Keeps Rebooting

I went thru all trouble shooting tips none of them worked. So I took off the back panel,10 short screws. And take legs off first. It has 1 main board. You will see 2 capacitors at  the top, they look like 2 little pop cans side by side. Look at the tops of them . 1 of them is probably expanded or oval,this means it's bad. Take a solder iron heat the back of its legs to pull it out. Replace with new one. Get it on amazon for $8. 10uf 400 volt 105 temp. Don't be scared. It takes 20 minutes and you will have saved $300.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Tv Blank Screen on Boot

@JobanGroban 

Verify that your RokuTV is configured to boot to your Home Screen rather than an Input or an (empty) Antenna/OTA channel.

You can find this under Settings/System/Power/Power On/[Home Screen]

The setting under "Power On" will be what is shown when you turn on the RokuTV.  In the above case, the [Home Screen] will be shown.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Tv Blank Screen on Boot

Hi Community users!

We appreciate your posts regarding the issue with Roku TV constantly rebooting. We understand and hear you.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please provide us with the details requested by our Roku engineers for investigation purposes.

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reid1985

Re: 50” Hisense Roku TV Keeps Rebooting

My television is doing the same thing. It’s only my Roku televisions that I am having this problem with. I did a factory rest and changed the source of power and it still keeps resetting in the middle of my tv shows. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.