Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_2024
Reel Rookie

Re: 50” Hisense Roku TV Keeps Rebooting

Mine started doing it about a week ago but I think I just fixed it 

0 Kudos
Steve_2024
Reel Rookie

I tried everything but what worked for mine was using a can of air duster on the back control panel.  We'll see if it holds up. Good luck

0 Kudos
VO9
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi 

Please see the below requested information.

Roku device model: 50R6E3

Serial number: X00100NDKLVX 

Device ID: S073H0CDKLVX

Software OS/version: 12.5.5-build 4174-94

I don't have a photo clip of my Hisense Roku TV rebooting, but I have a screenshot of the error message when I tried to update the firmware and software from the website stating my serial number isn't correct even though the serial number is correct.  However, I can't attached it on here. 

Trouble shooting steps performed.

Thank you so much for that.  Since you already performed the soft and hard reset, this TV needs to be investigated by our TV manufacturer. Please contact them at 1-888-935-8880 so that they can check your Hisense Roku TV.  Please contact them to check the hardware and power of your Roku TV.

Go to www.hisense-usa.com

Click on Support menu

Scroll down to Firmware Download

Download most recent firmware to USB flash drive

Upload to TV, but first

Unplug TV then put in the USB flash drive in the TV USB port

Plug TV back in while holding on an button on remote

Press Power first then long press the power button

Wait 1 minute  for the process to complete

Chat started

7:12 PM

Hello! Welcome to Hisense support. As your Virtual Assistant, I'm available to help you with a range of issues, such as "There is no picture", or, "TV won't turn on". Could you kindly provide a brief description of the problem you're encountering?

7:13 PM

TV keeps rebooting.

If your TV turns on or off by itself and you're right next to the TV, please try the following options one by one:

1. Outlet Check:
    Please plug other devices into the outlet to check if it's working properly. If it's not, try using a different outlet. For the best results, plug the unit directly into a wall outlet rather than an extension.
  2. Power Cycle:
    Please do a power cycle to see if it resolve the issue. To do this, unplug the TV power cord for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
  3. Button Check:
    Check if any buttons on the remote or the TV are stuck. Then, turn on the TV and take out the remote's batteries. See if the TV still turns off by itself.
  4. Download Firmware manually:
    If you can't get the TV working after on-screen update, you're gonna have to do the software update manually.
    • Visit the Hisense support website and Enter your TV serial number to identify the correct version.
    • please get a computer or laptop, and use a 4Gb FAT32 formatted USB drive.
    • If multiple firmware versions are available, download the latest version. The last four numbers are the firmware release date. For example, if you are seeing N1207 (7th, Dec) and N0915 (15th, Sep), you should download the most recent version, which is N1207.
    • Unzip the downloaded .zip file and copy its contents to the USB drive's root directory. Safely eject the USB from the PC.
    • If the downloaded .zip file has “…USBOTA…” in the filename. Copy the .zip file to the root directory of the USB drive without unzipping and you can safely Eject the USB from the PC.
    • Insert the USB drive into the TV's USB port with the TV unplugged.
    • Plug in the TV while holding down any key on the remote control to initiate the upgrade. (If the TV is not powered on, press the Power button first and then long-press the Power button.)
    • When the update begins, a progress bar shows the update process.
    • The TV will reboot automatically once the update is complete. Then, remove the USB drive.

7:13 PM

Roku TV Users:
If you have a Roku TV and need firmware update, please contact Roku to update firmware. The number of Roku support is: 816-272-8106.

0 Kudos
VO9
Channel Surfer

@Jmaitland

No, my TV has been doing this for 2 months now.  It started right after I did the update that popped up on my Roku home screen in March.  I can't watch any of the Apps that are installed on my Hisense Roku TV.  The TV will reboot continuously, but I can watch regular TV via the TV antenna.  When I do watch regular TV via the antenna the TV will reboot between 2-3 times, but then it doesn't reboot anymore unless I go to the Roku home channel and try to watch something on a App so I just leave it on the regular TV.

0 Kudos
VO9
Channel Surfer

@Steve_2024 

It’s very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @VO9 

Thanks for providing the informaiton we have requested.

Kindly be advised that the details we have acquired were forwarded to our team for review and investigation. We'll be working on the issue, and an update will be provided once more development has been conducted.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Xaa1

Mine is doing the same thing, Suspicious that all of us are reporting the same problem within a month 🫠

0 Kudos
Xaa1

Why are all of our tv's doing this all at once 🤔

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.