Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loganrollo
Channel Surfer

closed captioning turns off between episodes/movies no matter the app

We turn on closed captioning. We follow all directions. If we come to the end of an episode or movie, the closed captioning turns off. The apps do not retain the closed captioning setting. It does not matter which app we use. This happens on Hulu, Netflix, Max, Hallmark, Disney etc. I have searched the community I have searched online and I have no results that work and keep the settings.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: closed captioning turns off between episodes/movies no matter the app

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Loganrollo!

We appreciate you taking the time to report the closed captioning issue you've been experiencing on various channels and we'd like to provide further information about this. 

Please note that enabling closed captions directly on your Roku settings may not activate the feature within some channels, as they have their own operating system. The majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider.

Moreover, have you tried enabling the closed captioning feature directly inside the channel? We will anticipate your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos