Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimsz
Streaming Star

Re: The Ultimate Streaming Player is Here! Roku Ultra (2024)

Normally I would upgrade on of my 5 Rokus (the older ones) but I'm done. With all the garbage forced onto the home screen and in the app, I'm done.

Once AppleTV is update this year that's where I'm headed. Roku killed a great product by getting greedy.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

The "garbage" on the Roku home screen is nothing compared to a Fire TV device or any Android/Google TV device. I spend so little time on the home screen it's pretty easy to ignore what they post there. 

You also mention an "app". If you are referring to The Roku Channel, well it's provided for free so of course there's going to be ads there. If it's any other app, you can't blame Roku for what 3rd parties do within their own apps. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bri
Channel Surfer

True.  Roku barely has ads at all.  

Fire TV is nearly impossible (or at least highly annoying) to navigate. 

If ROKU would add a gig ethernet connection and the ability to decode image based subs, I would use it exclusively. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.