cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebobandchris
Channel Surfer

Roku Streambar displaying 'Out of range'

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had mine for 3 years without problems. I used it to watch TV and have the sound through the Streambar. The following day the Streambar starts with the ROKU jumping and then goes off and shows "out of range" and then then nothing but the flashing orange light. I've reset it numerous times and can get it as far as the wireless connection. It shows it is about to start the software download and then goes "out of range" and the orange light flashing and again nothing..Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar displaying 'Out of range'

Welcome, and thanks for the post, @ebobandchris.

We've noticed you're experiencing unintended behavior with your Roku Streambar. We appreciate you attempting to resolve the problem on your behalf.

Please be aware that the orange flashing light is not an indicator/associated with an issue with the Streambar. For us to isolate what's causing the glitch try to do the following steps:

• Could you connect the Streambar to another HDMI port on your TV and switch out the HDMI cable to see if you are still experiencing the issue?
  • Reboot the router. Internet glitches might hinder the Software Update from going through.
  • If rebooting the router doesn't resolve the issue, try connecting the device to another internet source, such as a Mobile Hotspot.

If none of the suggested troubleshooting above doesn't work, please feel free to provide the Serial Number of your Roku Streambar (Can be found on the device).

Please keep us posted so that we can further look into it.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ebobandchris
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your response.

There is only one hdmi port on my TV so it's not possible to use another. I've tried another hdmi cable and it still does the same. The router has been rebooted but made no difference.

I misdescribed the fault as switching off but  I can hear the clicks as the volume is adjusted but just have no picture and the TV shows as out of range. I don't know about mobile hotspots I'm afraid. The picture is OK as far as going to the software update page . It then goes black and shows out of range and does not update the software.

Serial number is : -2E 10D2525271.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
ebobandchris
Channel Surfer

An update.

Every day is a school day !

I managed to set my phone up as a mobile hotspot and got to a further screen asking me to set the time zone.

When I selected it went to the black screen and blinking orange light.

Any more thoughts ?

0 Kudos
ebobandchris
Channel Surfer

Does anyone actually read these pages ? I've had zero responces and think it must to do with how I've posted . I cannot believe that I'm the only one in the world with this problem. I'm fairly sure that the Streamabar is functional but apart from the sound on the volume clicking it always goes to "out of range". I've swapped the HDMI cable and it does the smae with a new one so it can't be that. I've kisted the serial number in an earlier post but have had nothing in the way of a solution.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@ebobandchris,

Thanks for the follow-up.

We apologize for the delayed response and appreciate the troubleshooting you have tried in an attempt to resolve the issue. We are pleased to assist.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times,

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ebobandchris
Channel Surfer

Thanks for this.

It is a Streambar Serial number 2E 10D2525271.

If you actually read my posts you will have seen that I cannot get the picture to stay on . The furthest I have got is the software update which it doesn't do but just loses the picture and shows out of range. I cannot provide further detail. I do not

believe I am the only person to have this problem and cannot understand why nobody has come forward to say that it is fixable or if the box is scrap. I have connected a "Now" box with the Streamba'rs cables and that has worked correctly

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@ebobandchris,

Thanks for the updates,

This setup article applies only to your Roku® Streambar® SE or Roku Streambar or if it is connected to a non-Roku TV™ system. After the connections are made and your Streambar powers on, make sure the Streambar input is selected on your TV, and proceed with the on-screen setup process. This article explains what to expect during the complete process and provides suggestions should you encounter any issues, please check it here. 

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ebobandchris
Channel Surfer

As expalined. I can get the Streambar to the software update page. It them shows "out of range". Nothing in any of your suggestions deals with that happening. The picture is normal up until that point. Is tjher anything I can do to force the software update ?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@ebobandchris,

So the line "out of range" is not from the Streambar but from whatever TV they have. A TV may display an "out of range" error message when there's a mismatch in the video output, such as an HDMI signal mismatch or a Display resolution mismatch.

We recommend trying another TV to reset the video signal or perform a factory reset on your Roku Streambar.

From the Settings menu

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device.

For more detailed information on how to set u your Roku Streambar, please check it here.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.