Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmanley11
Reel Rookie

Peacock Faded/Washed Out Picture

Tried watching the Olympic openings ceremonies on Peacock but the picture is so faded/washed out, I feel like I’m watching a distant channel on an analog antennae.  It’s not Peacock, because I tuned in with an Amazon Firestick and the picture is pristine. 

This is not the first time the app has looked like this on Roku.  College football, NFL in the past. I’ve complained but nothing has been fixed. 

Again:  not the app. I’ve redownloaded, log-in, restarted, etc. to no avail. And as I said, looks fine on Firestick.

I hope to post this and get some back up from fellow users that this issue needs fixed.  

I’m also hoping that ALL of the live Olympic events don’t look like this. If so, then it’s buy-bye Roku, hello Firestick full time.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Peacock Faded/Washed Out Picture

Hello,

Check Roku Settings: First, ensure that your Roku display settings are optimized. Go to your Roku home screen, navigate to “Settings,” then “Display type.” Make sure it’s set to the correct resolution (e.g., 1080p or 4K) based on your TV. HDMI Cable and Port: Verify that you’re using a high-quality HDMI cable to connect your Roku to your TV. Sometimes a faulty cable can affect picture quality. Additionally, try connecting your Roku to a different HDMI port on your TV to rule out any issues with a specific port. Peacock App Settings: Within the Peacock app, check if there are any specific video quality settings. Some apps allow you to adjust streaming quality (e.g., low, medium, high). If available, try changing the streaming quality to see if it improves the picture. Network Connection: A stable internet connection is crucial for streaming quality. Make sure your Roku is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network. Restart your router or modem to refresh the connection. Software Updates: Ensure that both your Roku device and the Peacock app are up to date. Sometimes software updates address performance issues. Contact Peacock Support: Reach out to Peacock’s customer support directly. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be aware of any known issues related to Roku devices.

Best Regards

davidbland889

0 Kudos

Hello,Check Roku Settings: First, ensure that your Roku display settings are optimized. Go to your Roku home screen, navigate to “Settings,” then “Display type.” Make sure it’s set to the correct resolution (e.g., 1080p or 4K) based on your TV. HDMI Cable and Port: Verify that you’re using a high-quality HDMI cable to connect your Roku to your TV. Sometimes a faulty cable can affect picture quality. Additionally, try connecting your Roku to a different HDMI port on your TV to rule out any issues with a specific port. Peacock App Settings: Within the Peacock app, check if there are any specific video quality settings. Some apps allow you to adjust streaming quality (e.g., low, medium, high). If available, try changing the streaming quality to see if it improves the picture. Network Connection: A stable internet connection is crucial for streaming quality. Make sure your Roku is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network. Restart your router or modem to refresh the connection. Software Updates: Ensure that both your Roku device and the Peacock app are up to date. Sometimes software updates address performance issues. Contact Peacock Support: Reach out to Peacock’s customer support directly. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be aware of any known issues related to Roku devices.

Best Regards

davidbland889

0 Kudos
mmanley11
Reel Rookie

The thing is everything ELSE in the app was great EXCEPT the live Olympic coverage. And, as I stated, this happens with many live events such as college football.  Also happens on other apps streaming live sports, so I’m pretty sure this is a Roku issue, not an app or connection issue.  

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Keep in mind Peacock writes and maintains its apps on Roku and other platforms. If they have a bug in their Roku version it’s theirs to at least identify, and probably theirs to fix as well, so do let them know.

For what it’s worth, much of it looked washed out to me too (not via Roku or Peacock.)  Most of it was outside on a gray rainy day.  Many of the shots had rain drops on the lenses.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.