Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgwhitaker
Streaming Star

New Streaming Stick 4K+ | "No Signal" message at startup

Yesterday I received a new Streaming Stick 4K that I purchased directly from Roku.

I got everything set up and it's working great...kind of.

Whenever I start Roku, I immediately get a "No signal" message.

Interestingly, if I press the Home button on my Roku remote, it goes to the Home screen and everything works fine. So, it's working.

Why is this happening?

I just receive that message on startup, which disappears after I press the Home button on the remote.

What's the solution, if any, here?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: New Streaming Stick 4K+ | "No Signal" message at startup

Rokus don’t really turn on and off, so when you say “start Roku”, I assume you mean turn on the TV (from the Roku remote or the TV remote, even the power button on the Roku remote is for the TV, not the Roku).

If so, everything is normal.  Your Roku will generally have gone to sleep, so your TV displays No Signal.  Waking up the Roku by pressing a button causes it to emit a signal again.

If you don’t like this, disable:  Settings -> System -> Power -> Auto power savings

Banned but back. Because why not?
rgwhitaker
Streaming Star

Re: New Streaming Stick 4K+ | "No Signal" message at startup

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.