Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mncraftmod

Re: I want to change my roku community username

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar wrote:

This question has been asked and answered a couple of times.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-discussions/How-do-I-change-my-username/m-p/850989#M38980 /go

----

You could just create a new username/community account.

But i am not finding option of changing username

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mncraftmod wrote:

@AvsGunnar wrote:

This question has been asked and answered a couple of times.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-discussions/How-do-I-change-my-username/m-p/850989#M38980 /go

----

You could just create a new username/community account.

But i am not finding option of changing username

That's because there is none. Once a user name is accepted, it can't be changed. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@mncraftmod 

Just to clarify.  You cannot "change" your  Community username once it has been created.

In order to create a new username, you will need to create a new Community account. (use a different email address).

If you want to sync/coordinate/link your Roku devices to this new username.account, perform a factory reset on your Roku devices and then use the new email address when you setup/activate the Roku device.

If you do not mind having a different Community account than the one you originally used when you initially set up your Roku device(s), then you can just leave as is. (keep Roku devices linked to original account, and use your new account/username for communications in the Community forum).

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: [Community Settings] I want to change my roku community username

Jump to solution

@s0780348 there's no such setting. You can't change your user name on the Community.

Dan

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

That link takes me to a page that states "Access Denied"  Then it states I don't have sufficient privileges for this resource or it's parent to perform this action.

I've looked everywhere on the Roku community website for a way to delete my account, but I can't find anything. Searches for "delete Roku Community account" only shows results for deleting my Roku account, not the Roku community account. I don't want to change the email that I used to set up the account either.

Any help you can provide on how to delete my Roku Community account would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Anonymous I don't know which link you are referring to. There is a link in your User Account settings that allows deleting your community account. Click the avatar for your name at the top right of the page and select My settings. It opens on the page allowing you to change your email address, but there's another option labeled Close Account. If you click that selection and then click the Close account button, your community account is deleted and you are logged out. Naturally I can't test that function, as I don't want to delete my account. 

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@atc98092This is the link that I was referring to and was posted a few times that takes me the page stating access denied: https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-discussions/How-do-I-change-my-username/m-p/850989#M38980 /go.

Thanks for the information, I found it and will delete my account, but I will be back with a different username, one that I'm not going to make a mistake in selecting this time. I apologize for not finding how to do it on my own, I was following the advice of someone that told another member to go into subscriptions and notifications. I probably would have found it eventually if I hadn't had to leave the house because of having two medical appointments today. I only am just now seeing the email notification of your response

I thank you for your guidance.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@atc98092, I'm back, formerly known as 0607, and I wanted to thank you again, and I've given you another Kudo.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

No problem. Glad I could help. 

Dan

Jump to solution

I removed my account, now it won't let me make a new one.  Every time I click login, it goes to roku.com (which I'm sighed into) and then redirects to community.roku.com, but I'm not logged in and there's no prompt for a user name

edit: Nevermind.  Trying to post this reply took me to the prompt for a username.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.