Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbrothers
Reel Rookie

Re: My Tuner Radio app not working

Thanks for the contact address. I've just sent them a query about streams hanging on my Roku Ultra 4660RW.

fishing
Reel Rookie

Problem with Tune In & My Tuner radio apps

Whenever using the Tune In or My Tuner apps to listen to music stations the content will play for about 5 minutes then stop/cut off. You have to hit play button to get it to start up again. Happens over and over for past 3 years. Have tried different Roku sticks and tried different modems. Have contacted internet provider as well as the Tune In and My Tuner folks but all say everything is working fine. I can play these apps by going directly to their website on a laptop PC and they work fine. Has to be a Roku issue/problem.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@rbrothers 

Had a few issues this morning with MyTuner on my Ultra 4660x when I was looking at it this morning for @fishing in another posting, and did notice that it would stop playing after a few minutes on different stations as was described.

I did a Channel update and seemed to resolve it.  (*button on your Roku Remote after highlighting Channel before launching, then "Check for Updates").  

Normally, when encountering an issue with a Channel/app, you can try Uninstalling the Channel/app, Restarting the Roku device to clear corrupt cache, and then Reinstall the Channel/app.  This procedure should provide you with the latest, updated install of the Channel/app.

Other times, I will additionally do a Manual System Update which will update Roku OS and Channels/apps simulataneously. (Settings/System/System Update), following by System Restart. (Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/ System Restart).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Re: Problem with Tune In & My Tuner radio apps

@fishing 

As you are aware from your previous posting (https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/My-Tuner-Radio-app-not-working/td-p/723204), MyTuner has occasional hiccups.

Try updating the Channel/app or perform the Channel Uninstall, System Restart, Re-install Channel procedure to see if that helps with issue.

I did experience the stream stoppage after a few mins on different stations, and a Channel update (*button on Roku Remote, followed by "Check for Updates") seemed to resolve it for me on Ultra 4660x.

0 Kudos
fishing
Reel Rookie

thanks for the tips. Tried all of your advice but no good. Radio stops playing after 30-40 seconds. Have to hit play/pause button to restart the radio!

0 Kudos
rbrothers
Reel Rookie

@AvsGunnar 

Thank you for  the hints about updating the app and Roku. The myTurner app appeared to actually update, but the Roku says it is already updated. 

After restarting Roku, ClassicFM stream still stops after a minute or so, but suprisingly BBC Radio 3 (another classical station) doesn't suffer from this problem. It appears that the ClassicFM connection is not stable, although I can stream it with no problems on my laptop. I can cast my laptop to my Roku, but that adds another link in the chain with exhibits occasional drop outs also 😞

0 Kudos
Gregb280

My tuner won’t connect for the last two days. Removed the app from my Roku tv & reinstalled it. Still not working. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Gregb280 

For some reason, the USA is not working.  A couple of weeks ago it was the Canada setting.  I just had to switch to another country (I chose Canada, UK, and Ireland and it is working).

When you launch the MyTuner and you see the "Connection Error" message box, press the "Back" button on your remote (the button next to your home button upper left).  Then just choose a different country.  I am sure it will eventually get fixed.

In the meantime, listen to some good old celtic music or music from across the pond. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Gregb280 

Looks like the MyTuner channel is now working again when country is set to USA.

0 Kudos