Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackKnife

Re: the Taylor Swift theme on Home screen sux, is obnoxious and....

The fact that you currently can't even use the asterisk to replace it with another ad is a disgusting overreach on their part. Has me about ready to return my TV to a dumb TV. 

SeekMocha

Turning off "Sponsored Wallaper"  did not eliminate the Taylor Swift ad for me.

andyross
Roku Guru

The ad is just a standard ad. It appears actual wallpaper/theme was promoting her on those who did not disable sponsored wallpapers. Disney is probably paying a lot for this.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

As @andyross said: "Normally, you can cursor over to it so it is highlighted, then hit the asterisk "*" key and choose hide ad. But, they have it disabled for this..."

This is the problem, Roku has taken away the ability to hide this annoying obnoxious ad that won't go away. Normally if you go over to the settings list on the left side of the screen then back over to the right the ads keep changing. But every time I do that now it's still annoying Taylor there, couple that with the asterisk option to hide the ad gone it is extremely annoying.

Disney must really be desperate to force this ad on all of our home screens with how the company is tanking. They must have given Roku a lot more than the standard ad price in order to get them to disable the option to hide the ad. Roku and Disney are really irritating!

Absolutely pathetic!

katesisco
Channel Surfer

It wouldn't let me select 'advanced on the left side but in the row of 6 blocks  from left to right, I could select advance and click to turn it off.  Thanks

Dfresh567
Roku Guru

@Emissary35 @TeedOff @katesisco @andyross @SeekMocha 

so funny because subconsciously found the TS ad to be annoying as well! But honestly, honestly, I’ve had Roku for years and this is the first ad that I found annoying in general. And I think it is less to do with Roku and more that we just hate seeing Taylor Swift everywhere. You complain about it being Roku‘s fault but a part of it is that Taylor Swift is everywhere and it pisses us off. I haven’t changed it in Settings to get rid of her, but I’ve changed my wallpaper home screen so many times it’s not that hard. If you’re a guru you should be able to do it. 

I’m a big Roku supporter and if you are as well, the revenue is huge like this and they need it. Keep doing you Roku

QueeneGreene
Binge Watcher

Settings/Theme/Sponsored Wallpapers...DID NOT work.  Stop giving us hope that the Taylor Swift Ad would be disabled Not a fan of this "entertainer". No such luck removing this very annoying advertisement.

andyross
Roku Guru

Again, the theme setting only affects wallpaper. Ads are not blockable.

0 Kudos
carpe06

ironic - the ad is just like Taylor Swift - they both just won't go away.

Seriously Roku, please give us a * option to disable ads we don't want to see over & over & over again.

Candid3333

I can not stand this **bleep** let alone everyone thinking taylor swift is okay, get that add off my screen. Maybe I'll just get rid of this roku tv