Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audi4t
Channel Surfer

Re: roku not letting me sign in on spectrum tv app

Jump to solution

I have 2 separate Roku Express 

Both were working fine until yesterday and had been for over a year

Both present same problem of recognizing Spectrum ID and password both stopped working yesterday 

All other apps and channels on Roku are working 

seems to be a Spectrum issue with the Roku app

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Just started yesterday as well. Can’t even sign in on the roku but I’m able to use my spectrum app on my phone 

Dn567

Jump to solution

This keeps happening to me on and off. 
At one point it was working on one of our TVs at home but when i went away and tried to log in it wasn’t working. I ended up having to chat with spectrum and they made us change our password even though it was working everywhere besides the Roku. That was a few months ago and now it’s starting again. So freaking frustrating 

0 Kudos
audi4t
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Resolved by Spectrum this morning 

1 - had to use @Spectrum.net as part of my id

2 - had to create a completely new password 

did this now Spectrum App is working ‼️

0 Kudos
jgildawie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am having the same issue with getting onto the spectrum app as of yesterday (we haven't been here) but were not having problems where our spectrum home internet is located.

I did try some of the suggestions mentioned and they don't work.

Are you saying that you needed to change your password on your spectrum account (I can get into that via computer with the current username and password)?

The email address used for roku dot com is a different one from the one used for spectrum but this has been the case for a long time.

We have 3 devices connected currently to roku here.

Are you saying I should have a myusername@spectrum.net account and that I need to use that? I did try that as my username but did not work.

I can mostly live without this access for now but my husband cannot. So would be good to get this working again without too much addition time and angst spent.

Thanks.

Janice

0 Kudos
audi4t
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had to change both my Spectrum User name by adding @Spectrum.net to my old username and creating a new password on my Spectrum account which then requires sign in on the Spectrum app to use the updated user ID and password.
Accessing your regular Spectrum account also requires using your new user name and password

For some reason the Spectrum App required that a new password be created even though we had been using the old ID and password successfully for over a year.

I called Spectrum tech support and explained the issue. The agent changed my user name and password (I provided him with a new name and password) on their system and then stayed on the call until I verified that the updated user name and password did in fact allow me to open the Spectrum App on both Roku's that I use.

He mentioned that he had dealt with the same issue from another customer the day before !

You do NOT change your Roku user ID and password

Good Luck

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jgildawie, if you're trying to use your Roku account information to log into Spectrum or any other channel/app on your Roku device you're doing something wrong.  I don't believe there's a single time where you'd ever need to do that.  Your Roku device is already linked to your Roku account - you never need to enter the Roku username and password on a Roku device.  If a third party like Spectrum is asking for your Roku password then something's seriously wrong.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jgildawie

Jump to solution

Hello - after sending this message, I was able to look up and contact Spectrum via chat. They got me up and running again (and yes I did need to change my spectrum.net password) without too much additional fuss and bother. Thanks.

0 Kudos
jgildawie

Jump to solution

Also the technician on chat did have me uninstall the spectrum app on roku and reinstall it. Plus the change to my spectrum.net password.

0 Kudos
audi4t
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Congratulations ‼️‼️‼️

weird that we have to change the password 🥴🥴🥴

0 Kudos