Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spaulrob
Channel Surfer

roku not letting me sign in on spectrum tv app

Jump to solution

We have 2 Rokus, 1 on our family room TV and 1 on the TV in our bedroom.  The one downstairs in the family room recognizes me when I turn to the Spectrum TV app.......the one upstairs however, just started asking me for my user name and password when I choose the Spectrum TV app.  (it never used to do this)  So I go to enter my user name and password (for My Spectrum), it tells me that the information I provided does not match what they have on file? I click OK, and then it tells me that Spectrum TV app is not available on Roku.  Now we've been watching this app for nearly 2 years with no issues. Why all of sudden did it kick me off?  I do NOT want to uninstall the app and reinstall it for fear that I won't be able to access it again. I checked the Roku software and it's recently been updated, I have tried rebooting the router, the modem, the Roku and the TV on many occasions. Can someone help me understand how and why this has happened?  Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?  I am trying to schedule a spectrum tech to come out and troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: roku not letting me sign in on spectrum tv app

Jump to solution

This is a recently reported problem with the Spectrum app and their account authentication services - you'll need to contact Spectrum and get them to resolve it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is a recently reported problem with the Spectrum app and their account authentication services - you'll need to contact Spectrum and get them to resolve it.

0 Kudos
twt1

Jump to solution

Talked to spectrum and they said I must be on the same home network.Why would i use roku at home when i have cable tv there.The roku ad implies you can watch spectrum anywhere.Calling spectrum is useless

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@twt1 

Not sure what "Roku ad" implies any specific use case for the Spectrum TV app (you might want to provide a link to it), but the Spectrum TV app is coded/published by Spectrum, and they control its behavior (such as limiting/disallowing viewing not connected to your modem/router/gateway).

You need to direct your complaints/issues with the Spectrum TV app behavior to Spectrum.

0 Kudos
veh

Jump to solution

Funny I contacted Spectrum they told me it's not them to contact you.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No Roku employees have posted to this thread, and this thread is from 2 years ago so anything said above may or may not still apply to Spectrum’s current app.  Also, there appear to be two completely different issues in this thread – the first is likely to have to be resolved by Spectrum, and the second, according to Spectrum support is behaving as they want it to behave.  (Or at least the way they wanted it to behave in 2021 – they might have changed that since then.) 

If you describe your issue in more detail, someone may have some ideas for you. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
audi4t
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Exact same problem happening to me started yesterday

2 Roku’s trying to access Spectrum App when I try to login won’t recognize credentials but my Spectrum account recognizes ID and password ‼️‼️

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @audi4t,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem accessing your Spectrum app on Roku. Can you please try to update your Spectrum app by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the * button, and selecting Check for updates? This will update your channel to ensure that it is up-to-date on your Roku device.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
audi4t
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for quick response 

Roku updated - then I enter ID and Password 

Message received - the info you entered doesn’t match our records. Please try again 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @audi4t,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Were you able to access the Spectrum app on your Roku device before? By checking Settings > System > About, is your Spectrum email linked with the same email on your Roku device?

With more details, we will be able to assist you further.

Kind regards, 

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos