Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Curiousapple
Reel Rookie

"continue watching" menu issues

When I'm looking through "watch to watch" and find something i like. I click ok to watch it and the only option to watch that pops up is "paramount plus on roku", even though I have the regular paramount plus app installed and signed in on the same roku device. This happens from continue watching when I had started watching on the regular pp app. so it recognizes that I watched it on paramount plus but only gives the option of "pp on roku" when I want to continue watching so I have to exit that menu completely, go find and open the regular paramount app from the home menu, then search in the app for it. Very annoying, I shouldnt have to take all these extra steps... is there a solution to this?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Curiousapple
Reel Rookie

Paramount plus on roku issues

When I'm looking through say "watch to watch" and find something i like. I click ok to watch it and the only option that pops up is paramount plus on roku, even though I have the reg paramount plus app installed and signed in on the same (all of them) roku device. This even happens from continue watching when I was watching on the reg pp app so it recognizes that I watched it on paramount plus but only gives the option of "pp on roku" when I want to continue watching so I have to exit and go open the app itself then go find what I want (again). Very annoying.

0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: "continue watching" menu issues

@Curiousapple 

Hi there,

Paramount + is unfortunately one streaming channel I don't have at the moment though I did when Tulsa Kings, 1883 and 1983 were just airing for the 1st times. I'm considering getting it again though.

With that in mind and thinking about how I'd use the Paramount + when the time comes again. If I ordered paramount + on the Roku Channel and I wanted to pick up where I left off on a movie or TV show could I go to paramount + page on the Roku Channel and continue watching where I last was?

Do you have Paramount + through Roku and Paramount +? If so I wonder if that's whats causing the issue? I don't know but I know you're able to order streaming channels multiple ways now. Maybe that's what's causing it to default to Roku because it's a Roku TV?

Interesting questions for sure though

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.