Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Up Next" on Hulu shows up way too early, dimming screen

Jump to solution

Hi.  I have tried to rectify this issue by restarting, checking for updates, etc., and nothing worked.  I am using a Roku Ultimate.  Just today, the "up next" (autoplay is ON), shows up about 2-3 minutes before the current episode ends.  It dims the entire screen and is ANNOYING! It makes the closed captions VERY difficult to see, too.  The only way I seem to be able to fix this is by turning Autoplay off, but then I have to manually start the next episode! Is there a way to get this to just not show up without disabling Autoplay? I don't understand why it JUST started today.  I've been watching Hulu for hours and hours the last few days and it never did this.  

Hulu version 6.86 Build 2

Roku software version 14.0 

Roku model 4801RW - Roku Ultra 

Thanks for any help.  

Roku Ultra (4800 series) 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "Up Next" on Hulu shows up way too early, dimming screen

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @SirMatthewKBE!

Thanks for informing us about the display issues you're currently experiencing on the Hulu app during playback. We'd like to help you contact the right Support for an issue like this. 

If this issue is limited to the Hulu app's content, we advise you to reach out directly to the channel provider. They are responsible for managing and maintaining their app on the Roku streaming platform independently, and they'll be best equipped to assist you.

You may reach them here: Hulu Support

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @SirMatthewKBE!

Thanks for informing us about the display issues you're currently experiencing on the Hulu app during playback. We'd like to help you contact the right Support for an issue like this. 

If this issue is limited to the Hulu app's content, we advise you to reach out directly to the channel provider. They are responsible for managing and maintaining their app on the Roku streaming platform independently, and they'll be best equipped to assist you.

You may reach them here: Hulu Support

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I was afraid that would be the answer.   "Hulu Support" appears to be an oxymoron.  🙂  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.