Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimoMol

Re: "Maximum users streaming" message displays between episodes

Having the same issue. Tried removing the channel and restart ROKU then adding channel back. Nothing changed. Waiting for ROKU to address.

Tony62
Reel Rookie

I'm also having the same issue with Acorn TV thru Roku. Started a day or two ago. Happens frequently between episodes of the same show. And I'm streaming from only one device! 

lavendrlyn
Reel Rookie

Happening to me as well, while using a streaming device on one TV, and also when watching a Roku TV...all while watching BritBox...tried all of the above that the rest of us have tried.  To no avail.  Where and when will Roku address the issue and will the premium channels discount the days and episodes we've been missing?  Extremely annoying is right.  Anyone successful in removing the message yet?  So far no compromise of the account that I can see.  Looks like it could be a hack/glitch, as well all started having the problem yesterday.  

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Welcome, and thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that some channels have limitations on the number of accounts that can be signed in. We advise logging out of some of your devices to access the channel.

If the problem persists, you can contact the channel partner to report the issue you're experiencing since channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there's anything else that may assist you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jo70
Reel Rookie

I just started getting the message “Maximum users streaming” several hours ago while watching a BritBox show. It occurs between episodes. I have one TV and one Roku streaming device set to BritBox at the time this occurred. I tried resetting Roku, but the message still occurs. I’m clearly not at the maximum for streaming.

bookoo1944
Channel Surfer

I started having this problem while watching Britbox 3 days ago and I've done everything I can think of to get rid of this message.  It comes up at the end of every episode of every program.  At the end, it gives 2 choices--one is "retry" and the other is "close".  if I choose "close", it goes away and lets me proceed to resume playing.  I don't have any other streaming devices in my house that are in use so I can't understand what causes this.  This is a channel I'm paying for so I would appreciate Roku fixing this problem.  It also does it on the Roku channel and those are the only 2 channels I watch.

Autobots27
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
joegreene

Same here.

0 Kudos
Jan46

I am getting this message on both Acorn for Roku and Britbox for Roku. I got it last night while watching Britbox, and I was the only person in the house, and no other TVs were on. Could this mean my Roku has been hacked and someone else is using the service? If so, what do we do? You say contact the channel provider. But you give no instructions on how to do so. Where do we find contact info for the providers. All the channels I have are through ROKU. Are you sating if I contact Acorn and Britbox they will help me? I think they will just say, not our problem, you need to contact ROKU. It seems to me you could offer a little better service on this issue. I had to go all around Johnson's barn to get to THIS screen, and have been having this issue for a while. Please offer better solutions. Would it help to uninstall the channels and reinstall them?

JoJo1244
Binge Watcher

no this has nothing to do with being hacked. This is either a ROKU Channel issue or a developer issue with certain apps such as Acorn tv, Britbox and NOGGIN. I have reached out personally to ROKU although only thru livechat as theres no other way to contact them and I also reached out to NOGGIN. So far the ideas given to resolve the problem has not worked. If I'm given a resolution on how to fix the problem I will post it ASAP!  🙂