Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igotsherms

peacock+ shows incorrect local channel when using t-Mobile 5g internet

I'm currently trying this I don't know if this worked for anybody else?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: peacock+ shows incorrect local channel when using t-Moble 5g internet

Hi @igotsherms,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see the Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

Also, Have you tried to connect the Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: peacock+ shows incorrect local channel when using t-Moble 5g internet

When using a cell phone data connection, you are at the mercy of wherever the cell system's server to which you are connected is located.

For instance, I am located in Aiken SC, but when I connect thru my Verizon cell account, the IP I am assigned indicates I am located in Athens GA.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos