Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlbishop82

Rediscover television issues

Just purchased rediscover TV as I noticed it plays the classic Christmas specials .. its pure **bleep** it kicks you out half way through a show takes forever to load .. any way to fix this or had any one else had this issue .. little ticked considering I paid for the channel and it doesn't work and is just **bleep** 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rediscover television issues

@Jlbishop82 

I am unfamiliar with the ReDiscover channel/app, but the support email for this channel is support@rediscovertelevision.com

Best course is to contact them and describe your issue.  Website -->http://rediscovertv.com/

----

Generally, if issues are only confined to one channel/app, usually indicates there is a problem with the channel/app.  You can try the Remove, Restart, Reinstall channel/app (in that order) and see if it helps.  Remove channel, Restart the Roku device with a System Restart, and then Reinstall the channel.

Otherwise, it is probably an issue that needs to be addressed by the channel developer (ReDiscover).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
rgt428
Reel Rookie

I cannot watch it on a PC either. I love the idea but really considering cancelling this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Brjones172

I downloaded the same app because I wanted to watch the old cartoons none of them will play for me either. It displays an error message every time I try to play and then the app freezes. But any other movies on the app plays. Very frustrating indeed

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. @Brjones172.

Kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote. If this doesn't help, we recommend you reach out to the channel provider for additional resolution, as this issue may be currently known on their end.

We hope this helps.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
Brisgma

I am having the exact same issue!  I just purchased the channel to watch Frosty for free and it just keeps blinking off! 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Brisgma,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to help you out with this playback issue. Could you tell us when did you start seeing this? Have you tried any troubleshooting, and what didn't work?

We'll be able to zoom in once we have a better grasp of the situation.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JakeZ
Reel Rookie

Exact same issue... my Roku TV says a particular "free" Christmas show is on Rediscover.  So, I click on the show, Roku loads the Rediscover channel and asked if I want to login with my Roku account's username and password.  I do and it says incorrect username or PW.  I know my Roku username and password have been correctly entered; I'm logged into my Roku account right now.

If I create a username and PW on Rediscover then login; it says I need to but the Premium???  Majorly messed up!!!  So, I removed my name and PW from Rediscover and deleted the channel until they fix this...

kgritsc
Reel Rookie

bunch of bulls----t

kgritsc
Reel Rookie

bunch of bullsh-t