Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
britrecko

metopera playback stopped streaming despite having a current subscription?

I like watching and listening to classical music and opera.In the past and present i have never had a problem but a few days ago my metopera went blank[except for a multicolored screen [not opera]When i tried to log in the met said you have a current subscription but my passwords no longer allow me in.I signed up for metopera demand via my roku account and that confirms my active subscription but does not allow me to =watch.

I have another classical roku offering[Medici tv ] and that streams opera without a problem.

Metopera no longer allows telephone customer service.

Any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: metopera playback stopped streaming despite having a current subscription?

@britrecko

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
onemp
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem- subscription (purchased on the Roku) doesn't seem to correspond with metopera.org page/sign in information.  I can't sign in or play any content on the Roku.  When I hit the * button, there is no option to "remove channel".  Please help.  This is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @onemp

Thank you for the inquiry!

For clarification, are you inquiring about how to remove channels on your Roku device? If so, you can follow the steps below. Note that channel removals done on one device will also affect all other devices that are linked to the same Roku account.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove.
  3. Press the Star (*) button on your remote to open the options menu.
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted.

For more information, you can visit this link: How to remove channels from your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
onemp
Reel Rookie

there is no option to remove channel- only to "Move Channel" which doesn't give me the ability to remove it.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@onemp

Thanks for the reply.

Please be advised that you must cancel the subscription first before the channel can be removed from your Roku device. If a subscription is canceled before the end of the billing cycle, you can continue to access the channel until the current billing cycle ends.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
onemp
Reel Rookie

I canceled the subscription (with about a 10 months left on the subscription), removed the channel, re-installed the channel, signed in again as instructed, and I am still having the same problem.  The channel tells me I am already subscribed and should sign in, and when I sign in I still can't play content as if I had not subscribed.  Please help with this.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @onemp

Thank you for the inquiry!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Met Opera on Demand channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Met Opera on Demand support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
onemp
Reel Rookie

I followed your instructions and it didn’t work. I called the Met Opera streaming service. I purchased the subscription through Roku (an annual subscription) and not through the Met. The Met streaming service doesn’t even have a record of my purchase. This is very frustrating. How am I to resolve this problem. The subscription was purchased at the end of the year, and I’m only 2 months into having it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@onemp

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos