Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldAgWho
Binge Watcher

Can’t Add Peacock app to new 50” Roku TV

I’ve logged into my Roku on IPad. Followed all prompts. But it will not load the app.

When I select to ad Peacock app it takes me right back to the beginning of the add process.

And I have an active Peacock account.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can’t Add Peacock app to new 50” Roku TV

Hi @OldAgWho,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We see that you're experiencing difficulties adding the Peacock channel to your Roku TV, and we're here to assist you.

In most cases, a system restart helps. Using your Roku remote, navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart.

We hope this helps!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OldAgWho
Binge Watcher

This suggestion did not help. When I’m on the Roku site to add a channel, I follow the prompts but the site never takes me to page that has button to add channel.

The Roku site has me on an endless loop that just takes me back to first page to add a channel. I agree to all prompts but never get to actual page to add Peacock.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@OldAgWho,

Thank you for the update and for providing additional details. Have you attempted to use a different web browser to access this and see if that resolves the issue? Additionally, you can try adding other channels to see if that results in the same issue.

If the problem persists, report back here and we'll take a closer look into this.

In the meantime, you can check for a workaround here on our support page on how to add apps to your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OldAgWho
Binge Watcher

Yes I switched from Duck Duck Go to Google. Did not help! I just used the same process to add Peacock and was successful adding CTV. However, I tried to add CW and the Roku add site box turned red and did not recognize the CW.

Is the actual “code” to add Peacock the name? Or is there a number code Peacock has been assigned? 
This is what comes up first when trying to add Peacock

THIS IS A NON-CERTIFIED CHANNEL. Roku requires all channels to abide by Roku’s terms and conditions, and to distribute only legal content. Roku does not test or review non-certified channels. You acknowledge you are accessing a non-certified channel that may include content that is offensive or inappropriate for some audiences. Moreover, if Roku determines that this channel violates copyright, contains illegal content, or otherwise violates Roku’s terms and conditions, then ROKU MAY REMOVE THIS CHANNEL WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, AND YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE BLOCKED FROM ADDING ANY OTHER NON-CERTIFIED CHANNELS. 

next is

Add Peacock TV to your Roku account?

Peacock TV

FREE

Additional Fees May Apply

next

Important Notice

I would like Roku to install Peacock TV for the purpose of accessing audio/visual material. I agree to receive automatic updates and upgrades to this channel. I can delete the channel if I no longer wish to receive updates or upgrades to that channel.
I click “I Agree” and it takes me back to the first page where you put in channel code and Peacock is still in the box!

I hope you can see the dilemma I’m caught in. It had nothing to do with the tv, it’s the Roku site that has the glitch with Peacock! Proven by the ability to add the CTV.

Thanks, I’m looking forward to hearing how you resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@OldAgWho,

Thanks for the prompt response along with these details.

I was able to pull up your account, and it seems like cases like this likely affect the region where your account was created. Currently, the Peacock channel is available to stream within the United States and certain U.S. territories (American Samoa, Guam, Northern Marian Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands). If I understand it correctly, the website you're accessing is the channel store for the US. I am not able to pull up the Peacock TV as well if I go to the Canada channel store.

img_2964.jpg

We hope this covers up this case.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OldAgWho
Binge Watcher

I understand about the Canada thing. I’m in Texas, the United States! When I got Roku I got online and just followed the prompts to sign up! Why would I have Canada?

How do I fix this? Or do I just return my new Roku to Best Buy and change to a different format ditching Roku because it’s so screwed up! Best Buy will love this because I’ll have to replace the other 3 Roku TVs with something else. And trust me here, I will leave negative feedback about Roku on every source on the internet if you can’t provide me with a fix.

With the technology today this issue is absolutely absurd!

Ball in in your court Rey what’s your plan now?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@OldAgWho,

I appreciate the update and am sorry for the inconvenience. Could you share with us the serial number of one of your Roku TVs? We'd be able to assist you from there.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OldAgWho
Binge Watcher

Never mind! I resolved the issue myself without Roku help! I decided to research this issue outside of Roku. And guess what, the answer is out there. I’m shocked that I wasn’t advised to do this by you. It was time consuming but I got it done. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.