Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJM-UK
Reel Rookie

is there any way for a UK user to add Viki App ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

The Viki app is available for various countries on Roku.

For some reason, for UK, we can't search and add it. Its on other platforms in the UK, like AppleTV,

Is there any work-around that I can do, so that I can use the App on my Roku ?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Please add Viki app for UK users also

Jump to solution

Roku is very careful to only make apps available to regions specifically authorized by the individual channel developers.   Contact the folks at Viki and tell them you need to have them authorize the Roku version of their app being released in the UK.

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KJM-UK
Reel Rookie

Please add Viki app for UK users also

Jump to solution

Hi,

Roku has the Viki app for some countries, but does not have it for UK users.

Please can it be added ? Viki App is available in the UK other platforms like AppleTV, but I love my Roku, and done want to buy an AppleTV just for this app.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku is very careful to only make apps available to regions specifically authorized by the individual channel developers.   Contact the folks at Viki and tell them you need to have them authorize the Roku version of their app being released in the UK.

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
KJM-UK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did speak to Viki. They say:

To clear up any confusion, please be aware that the Viki channel may not be accessible in every region as we rely on Roku's billing system. Although we continuously strive to enhance the community's enjoyment of Viki, we lack influence over Roku's decisions regarding the expansion of its services and support for various regions.”

So it’s an issue with the Roku billing system in the U.K. ?