Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donna-1
Reel Rookie

how to remove new "popular on" rows from "What to Watch" and leave only "currently watching"?

I am sick of having to scroll through 11 rows of what are essentially advertisements under the new "popular on" feature of the "What to Watch" screen.  All I want to see is "currently watching."  Or at least put the "currently watching" as the top option.  If I want suggestions, then I can add that back.  But it is a great annoyance as-is.

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: how to remove new "popular on" rows from "What to Watch" and leave only &quo

Hi, @Donna-1.

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be more than happy to provide further information about this.

We recommend checking for any software updates on your Roku device to see if this will make a difference. You can find it under Settings > System > Software update > Check Now.

Furthermore, please be informed that the Popular categories on What to Watch are part of the feature. As a workaround, you may highlight the channel tile and press the star (*) button on your remote to remove this by selecting the option 'I don't like this movie.' 

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.