Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrteaslady

Re: discovery plus Troubleshooting

I can remove the channel by pushing the star button  and then choosing remove channel. 

0 Kudos
Wendyjo

I tried all the suggestions offered on the replies to this post. I ended up watching discovery+ app on my fire stick I have connected to my same roku tv I have discovery+.

0 Kudos
jcounce

There is an option to update.  I tried that and it worked

0 Kudos
Ufooledme1

May 11, 2022 Discovery + won't work anymore   We subscribe, we pay, we can watch Discovery + on our computer but not on our Roku TV.  On the TV they want to offer a free 7 day trial, then we are told we must cancel what we have to get what they are offering.  I enjoy Home Town, Fixer Upper, and others but can not watch them on Roku like I used to

0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @Ufooledme1, we noticed you were having trouble getting Discovery + to work on your Roku TV. We're here to help you get back to streaming your favorites.

We'll be sending you a PM. Please keep an eye on your inbox for us to help further.

0 Kudos
Pasta

Try updating the "roku channel" app. I just did it and it said "updating discovery+" then it worked. 

0 Kudos
Steven6
Reel Rookie

The new update for Discovery+  ver. 3.3 build 0 did nothing for my issue with slow and unusable. I'm having to run two WiFi routers to get the Discovery+ app working properly. First wifi router is my isp and all apps work properly when I connect directly to it except Discovery+. What I did was bridge another wifi router to my first isp router and connect to that wifi and Discovery+ and every other app is working properly. I shouldn't have to do that but that has fixed my issue with Discovery+.

0 Kudos
AlexK

I just got the device and got the subscription and it won’t wonk when I sign in it tells me to subscribe and when I click it it just says that I already punched and won’t do any thing further I must say I am annoyed just payed for something that won’t work

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @AlexK

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the *, key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue  

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Epurkey

Clear the cache! Worked for me after everything suggested didn’t. 

Power off Tv. Using the remote-Press home button five times. Up arrow once. Rewind two times. Fast forward two times. Turn on tv. Roku should reload. R o k u bouncing. 

I tried my channels all worked no issues. This is 2nd time this happened and each time was after a discovery channel update. None of the resets worked but clearing the cache. 

0 Kudos