Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poman
Channel Surfer

Re: commercials on acorn.tv

You only see ads if you subscribe to Acorn through the Roku Channel. I canceled and subscribed direct with Acorn. No more ads!

0 Kudos
Joebuff
Reel Rookie

Until today I have been watching Midsomer Murders on an Acorn subscription through Roku. Today on Season 18 Episode 3 commercials suddenly began to intrude. I see it has been a common problem, but I don't see a solution from Roku. Is there one?

0 Kudos
Poman
Channel Surfer

I switched to a direct purchase through Acorn. No more commercials.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Joebuff Are you watching it through the Acorn TV channel, or is it within The Roku Channel? I'm not familiar with that channel, so can't say how it can be watched. If it's within a dedicated Acorn channel, Roku has no control over the functionality within that channel. You would have to contact Acorn for assistance with that.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ihstein

So, Are you watching Acorn using your RoKU? Not through ROKU channel?

0 Kudos
Joebuff
Reel Rookie

Through Roku channel.

0 Kudos
Amrita
Reel Rookie

Re: Commercials on Acorn - Why Are Subscribers Subjected to Commercials?!?!?

EVERYONE posted here they have a subscription with Acorn THROUGH Roku.  Get it?  We are paying ROKU for a subscription to Acorn, so WHY are we now getting blasted with commercials every few minutes.  PLEASE ADDRESS THE PROBLEM!!!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

You're paying through Roku, but the subscription and the content are provided by Acorn. Only they can answer why you are seeing commercials if you're on a plan that isn't supposed to have them. Roku isn't controlling the content. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Amrita
Reel Rookie

That's not true. Acorn's website says those of us who are paying Roku for the Acorn subscription have to deal with Roku as they have no control over the commercials Roku is running, and they state that they don't subject their subscribers to commercials. I'll cancel the Acorn - Roku subscription and open one with Acorn. 

0 Kudos
Laurence49

I am suddenly getting Commercials on Acorn

Yesterday, no commercials on Acorn. Tonight, suddenly, commercials. First tried to go through the Acorn app on the Roku screen, as I have been doing. Tonight, I could not even get the episode to start. Then tried another way ("Acorn on Roku") and it played - with commercials. Paying $6.99/mo

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.