Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot watch channel subscriptions on chromecast

I recently bought a Google Chromecast device and I was happy to see there is The Roku Channel available as an app on there but that's where my join ended.  I don't know if it's limited functionality of the current app but I could not find my subscription, I only have one and it's AMC+

I have a Roku device and that's how I signed up for this channel.  But when I try to use it on my Chromecast there is no such option to view subscribed channels.  Please help if it supposed to show up on my Roku Channel app.  Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: cannot watch channel subscriptions on chromecast

Hi @ericrox1982,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Please be advised that The Roku Channel app that is being shown on other non-Roku devices, such as Google Chromecast, lets you watch an ever-changing selection of original series, hit movies, TV shows, 24/7 live news (in the U.S. and Canada only), and popular kids' entertainment—all totally free, where you can choose from thousands of entertainment options on-demand with no subscriptions, purchases, or rentals required. On the other hand, The Roku Channel: AMC+ is a new premium streaming bundle that includes AMC's popular and award-winning programming plus full access to the streaming collections bundle showing AMC+ contents and is offered as a bundle through Roku. Since you mentioned that you are subscribed to AMC+ under the Roku Channel, which is a paid subscription bundle, please note that this is different from the free standalone The Roku Channel app.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos