Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltxeira
Reel Rookie

britbox channel not loading/starting

The Britbox channel wont load all of a sudden.  After clicking it goes to the loading page for about a second then right back to the roku home. 

I've checked for updates for it and the roku, they're up to date. I've removed the channel, restarted roku, and added the channel back several times, and still nothing.

Is there anything else that can be tried?

6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: britbox channel not loading/starting

Hi @ltxeira,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. When did this issue first start occurring? Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? What Roku model device are you using?

Have you tried taking a look here at our Support resources and following the steps to resolve the issue? How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
ltxeira
Reel Rookie

This started about a week ago and Britbox is the only channel I'm having any trouble with, everything else works just fine.  I've done all the troubleshooting playback recommendations several times each but it's still not working.  

When I click to open the channel it goes to the Britbox loading screen for half a second then right back to the Roku Home Screen.  There's no error message or anything like that, it just doesn't load.

I'm having the same issue, no error messages, just returns to home screen.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @ltxeira@Cameron10712

We appreciate your post.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Britbox support here: https://help.britbox.com/hc/en-us

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem. Done all the quick fixes. Talked to britbox people and they say they are not having any issues and to talk to roku. Also britbox works on my fire tv's. Just not roku tvs. It just started yesterday. I have 3 fire tv's and britbox works fine. My 2 roku tvs do not work. Same issue as everyone else's. Click to open, trys for half second and then goes back to home screen. What do I do? 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @tgilliam525

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos